Red River Grand Forks

Discussion in 'NORTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by CaptainBrad, May 16, 2008.

1. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Had clients out the past two evenings. All I can say is the fishing is so good it is stupid. Every day I have been just amazed at numbers of quality fish we are catching. The past two days my customers have been averaging a channel about every 4.7 minutes when you break it down.

I have never seen the action this good on our stretch of river.

2. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    Everything continues to stay on fire. patterns are shifting shallow a bit but all in all the bite is rolling along just fine. Cut sucker is the bait of choice but goldeye is beginning to be of interest to the bigger cats. Today is a big cold front so things will probably slow down for a short while. Not a big deal there will still be hungry fish.

3. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    Report 5-21-08

Catfishing on the Red River around Grand Forks has cooled off (in terms of numbers) with the temperatures over the past few days. Fish are tending to move toward shallow water or snags near fast water during the day. As the sun goes down the fish are coming out to feed more aggressively in the channel and in faster water. Larger fish are coming from the deeper fast water. Cut sucker is the bait of choice with fresh cut goldeye a second option if needed.

As temps increase into the weekend the catfish should become more active again. Keep on the move and be willing to try different spots to find what is working for you. There a tons of awesome healthy fish just waiting to be caught.