Red River East Grand Forks 5-21-08

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by CaptainBrad, May 21, 2008.

1. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Catfishing on the Red River around Grand Forks has cooled off (in terms of numbers) with the temperatures over the past few days. Fish are tending to move toward shallow water or snags near fast water during the day. As the sun goes down the fish are coming out to feed more aggressively in the channel and in faster water. Larger fish are coming from the deeper fast water. Cut sucker is the bait of choice with fresh cut goldeye a second option if needed.

As temps increase into the weekend the catfish should become more active again. Keep on the move and be willing to try different spots to find what is working for you. There a tons of awesome healthy fish just waiting to be caught.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Whats an average fish out of that area. I know when I lived up in anoka Mn we pulled some decent channels out of the miss. on every trip. I am coming up there this summer for about a month so I will be bringing the boat and trying some old spots I used to fish weekly years ago.

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    We've been getting 9-12lbs on the Minnesota River fairly consistantly.
    Red River produces much larger usually

4. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    So far this year we have been averaging around 11 pounds. Each day I have been out so far we have boated a fish 15-20 pounds. Sometimes three or four in that range but always one so far. Last Sunday I had a client boat a 26 pounder.