Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, I'll give up my hole since I don't live around there anymore. It is a bitch to get down and fish it, but have pulled some big fish out of there. Head east on 32 till you get to the turn off to go to Oscar. Head south as far as the road will take you, then it starts to cut baack to the west. Couple of tenths of a mile after it turns back to the west, there is an old homestead/school house looking thing there. That is where I would park. It is real close to the river, but you have to find your way down a good 80 foot bluff, lots of coontails in there too, so watch yourself. There is a bend in the river right there and you'll be on the outside of a 90 degree bend, all rocky and very deep. If you don't mind grabblin deep water, there are some great holes in there too. It isn't a real secret spot, but I've never seen anyone else down there... but I know other people that fish it. Now... once you catch fish, you have to figure out how to get them back up the bluff. It sucks catching a hundred pounds of fish and having to make multiple trips. And not a climb you want to make a night either. But great place to fish, grabble and rattlesnake hunt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'll give up my hole since I don't live around there anymore. It is a bitch to get down and fish it, but have pulled some big fish out of there. Head east on 32 till you get to the turn off to go to Oscar. Head south as far as the road will take you, then it starts to cut baack to the west. Couple of tenths of a mile after it turns back to the west, there is an old homestead/school house looking thing there. That is where I would park. It is real close to the river, but you have to find your way down a good 80 foot bluff, lots of coontails in there too, so watch yourself. There is a bend in the river right there and you'll be on the outside of a 90 degree bend, all rocky and very deep. If you don't mind grabblin deep water, there are some great holes in there too. It isn't a real secret spot, but I've never seen anyone else down there... but I know other people that fish it. Now... once you catch fish, you have to figure out how to get them back up the bluff. It sucks catching a hundred pounds of fish and having to make multiple trips. And not a climb you want to make a night either. But great place to fish, grabble and rattlesnake hunt.

cool, thanks might check that out....im headed out this weekend to check out a couple spots

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.