Red River at Grand Forks 4-29-08

Discussion in 'NORTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by CaptainBrad, Apr 30, 2008.

1. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Water levels are staying stable for now and are about as perfect for getting around as they can be. All Grand Forks ramps are open and cleaned off.

The catfish are there and looking very healthy. They are taking a combination of sucker and goldeye. I can't tell whether one is working better than another or not. They are feeding on the fast water breaks or resting near fast water in the wood.

The bites still seem a bit sluggish but the water is still quite cold. With a little heat things are really going to break loose and they will start to destroy the baits.

Hang on to your rods!

2. LUNKERCAT

LUNKERCAT New Member

State:
    north dakota
    :big_smile:THAT'S GREAT NEWS CAPTAIN BRAD. LAST SPRING WAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCENARIO ON THE RED. HOPE TO GET UP TO THE RED BEFORE THE SPAWN. GOOD LUCK.
    I WILL BE TRYING THE MISSOURI R.SOON (AS SOON AS THE WIND DROPS BELOW 40 MPH)
    LUNKERCAT

3. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    River is up about two feet this week due to some melting snow in the southeast of here. Reports of some nice cats are getting very common. With some sunny days things are really going to take of in the next week.

I will be working the river hard over the next couple weeks and will keep you informed.