Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a canoe-fishing trip on the Red River and would like to launch somewhere in the Burneyville or Leon area. Does anyone know of a good launch location in this area? We would be leaving a vehicle there for a few days as we paddle to Dripping Springs, approximately 20 miles downstream of the I-35 bridge.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know of any launch points in that area, but I am planning a trip from Ringgold, on the Texas side (several miles west of Leon) next month, so I would like to hear how your trip goes. Good luck and good fishing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good luck finding someplace! They've pretty much fenced the whole river these days where you can't get on unless you know someone. You can thank all the idiots for that... I do know a place that you can get on down at Leon. Not sure if it is sometplace that I would want to leave my vehicle for a few days though. It is at a dead end kinda in the middle of nowhere. Msg me if you want directions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mudcreeker,

Thanks for your note. I found a ranch on the Texas side that would let us launch, so we're all set to go in early June.

I also kayaked the 25 miles to the I-35 bridge a few weeks ago to check it out and the bank erosion is amazing. Many trees in the river as nature takes its course.

Best fishing,

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.