Red Line

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by zappaf19, Dec 27, 2006.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    What do you guys think about Cajuan Red mono line?
    Thanks
    Bill

2. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've heard that as far as underwater visibility, there are great. But I know a couple of guys that have used it for cats and bass mostly, and have had a lot of problems with backlash, memory, and line twist. The lines they were using ranged from 12-30# test.

3. poboy115

poboy115 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I have used Cajin Line for about 2 years, and it hasent failed me yet, my little brother, adh fireline, and i hardly ever got to fish, cause i was to busy fixin knots, and backlashes, i switched to Cajin Line, and problem solved.

4. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    My experince is that I have caught fewer fish. I put cajun line on a bream rod to test this. I had one with green line and one with red line it was clear water. same baits weights bobber all in shallow water where I could see the fish. The bream would hit the one with the green line five times more often than the one with red line. I only tried this once so I did not do a controled experiment. I have aslo noticed a de crease in bass strikes on my bass rod. Now not to say that all of this cant mean something else. I just have decided not to use it. The line also might be better in deeper water too.
    JMHO
    Stephen

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I can see the basis behind it working better in deeper water. Water filters out red light very fast, which is why deep water looks blue, as uv spectrum light passed through to deeper water. In shallower water 0-8'(variable depending on oxygen content), there could still be enough warm spectrum color light penetrating to minimize the desired effect. A distinct possibility.

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I have used the Cajun Red Lightning line before & liked it. It had great knot strength & abrasion resistance. I used it both in fresh & saltwater with equally good results.

The only reason that I no longer use it is because I mainly fish @ night & I can no longer see it while trying to rerig:embarassed: .

I might add that it is said that the red color is the first to dissappear in water, yet they advertise blood red hooks, saying that the fish see it as something injured......Go figure:confused2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you are having memory problems with any line this can be helped by useing "Blakemore Reel Magic". Cajun Red is a good line . I hope this will help your line twist problems.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I use cajun red 4lb. test for trout, and have never had a problem. I use berkley big game for cats.

9. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I like to use it in the spring, you know for bass, with a floatin lizard, never had a problem with, never had a bass shy away from the bait either, not to say they wont.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use it with good success for catfish, using an open faced reel. I got a closed face reel for x-mas and will be spooling it up with cajun red. Don't know how it will do, but can't wait to find out. Cajun red is my favorite.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I have a friend that uses cajun red exclusively and he just tears up the channels on it when using stink bait. Also had good results with flatheads on it. I also have used it as a leader while fishing stink bait and had good results with it. I do not see any downfalls to the line more so than what occurs with other lines. The line is really hard to see at night though so you will need to have a head light or something to help you.

12. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I got a friend that uses it exclusively and likes it. I'v never tried it. The whole basis behind it is that it will become invisible under water. Translucent red dissappears in water, but I've caught fish on gren solar Ande in 20 lb. test with a clear leader, so I never had a reason to use it.

13. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    No Thanks , red line is not good in clear water. Why do they say to use red bass lures in spring and then say red line invisable ?:confused2: