Red Light Lure

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 9, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Has anyone besides me used one of those lighted lures ? It looks like a minnow and when you pull it thru water light blinks. Cost about 8 bucks at wally world. I have had stripers hit it in dark. Anyone else have any luck?:surrender:

2. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I ve heard that there banned from tourneys and they out fished americas top lures 3 to 1 thats what i read in a magazine there made in asia havent bought 1 yet plan too though

3. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Funny thing about those lighted lures. Many years ago I came up with an idea about using a watch battery and a small light inside a lure and would blink when retrieved. I contacted one of those company's that is suppose to help market and sell an idea for the "average Joe". I never heard anything positive from the company and when I would call my rep, he would say "we are working on it". About 2 years later I started seeing this type of product in magazines. I lost $2k on the deal. Dumb me huh? Is this coincedance? Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, about your question; I have not personally used one but I have use small Cynamide sticks inserted in the head of a Pearl colored Culrprit worm at night and have had good success on bass.