Red fin pike?

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by timbo, Jun 3, 2006.

1. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Has any one ever tried small red fin pike, fishing for ,cats,i went to a small ditch to catch brim and got lot,s of the red fin,s . just let me know????? the size is abought 6-10" long THANKS TIMBO:big_smile:

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Highly prized for eating around here.A lot of fun to catch on ultra-lite and 1/64 to 1/8 oz.spinner baits.We used to fish for them with a cane pole,short line and a small piece of red flannel cloth on the hook.You would take the first one that you caught,trim out about 2 inches of the white belly with the two red fins at one end.Hook it between and slightly behind the red fins.This is what you would use the rest of the trip to catch Red fin Pike,Pickerel,War mouth and Bass.You dabbled it in the water as you walked and fished the small creeks and branches.Fried up whole,they are great eating.My family has fished for them for generations.I ate some with my son and grandson two weeks ago.peewee-williams

3. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi alfred THANKS that sounds great i might keep to eat THANKS for the Info TIMBO

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    They are a blast on ultralight gear. We do good with white grubs and rainbow patterned inline spinners. I kept some in a tank for a while untill my buddy caught that little flattie that I put in the tank with them. They were the same size and he ate them HOLE! But I love catching them when I'm in the woods and come across small creeks.