Red dot scopes

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by coorsdrifter, Aug 12, 2006.

1. coorsdrifter

coorsdrifter New Member

State:
    Eddyville,Ky
    I recently purchased a new crossbow with a red dot scope.I'm having trouble seeing the dots in bright light(outdoors in sunlight).Is this normal or does someone have any suggestions on how to fix it,or should i just get a standard scope.

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I've never personally had one but I tried target practing with one of my friends. I'm partially color blind and I had a very hard time seeing the dot after about 30 yards. He said he could see it plain as day. Just a thought.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am not fond of the red dot scopes, just for that reason. People have different opionions though.

chris

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a couple on my Thompson hand gun barrels and I don't like them at all. even the smallest dot still covers up to much of the target at any distance.

5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I bought the adjustable red dot that allows you to dim or brighten the dot. It was worth it. The standard red dot doesnt have the variable adjustment. I like it.

MAJ D

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have a scope with an adjustable red dot on my Contender 45/70 barrel, I like it. It has a longer tube extending past the lense on the front then a normal scope, I assume to help keep out sunlight but you know what's said about assuming.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i agree the adjustabule is the way to go.