Recyle Mono Line ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by sarSWAMPFOX, Nov 18, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Does anyone recyle there mono line or just throw it away? We just spent the day putting new line on 36 defferent baitcasters and 20 spinning reels. I have now got a 5 gallon bucket over flowing with cajun line. It seems like some one should have come up with a good use for this stuff, I just aint never heard of it. I know about the recycle bins at the lakes, but I just wanderd if anyone has thought of a good use for it.

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i recylce mine and i know some other people that burn it so it does'nt get tangled up in some wildlife some where...as far as another use for used line...i can't think of any.

3. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    thats a good plase for cajun line in a bucket or fire or left in the store:smile2::smile2:

4. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    :smile2::big_smile::smile2: Roundhill, cajun has been pretty good to me. I know some don't like it, but at the price I get it & the fish it has brought in for me I'll keep it.But thanks for the laugh.

I just thought maybe someone has come with away to use it for crafts or something.

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i burn my old line, and i hate cajun line!!!

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i usually buy a couple rolls to burn every time i go to the store!!! thats the best use i can find for cajun red junk!!:big_smile:

7. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    There are programs out there that can install or send you the stuff to install line recycling places. I know I was pretty peeved tonight at KY DAM getting huh up in all the stinking line around the rocks. (lot of it is from ppls snagging there) but none the less, was irritating .
    I found this from a website, " Recycled monofilament line can be turned into such things as polyester yarn for carpet, filler for clothing and packaging, artificial fish habitats, tackle boxes, and other plastic fishing-related products."

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    For a different stroke, try jugfishing for crappie (where legal). Simply take a piece of 10#-15# mono, attach it to a small jug, measure out how deep you want to fish. Tie on a regular gold wire crappie hook, add a small splitshot above the hook, just like you would if you were using a rod & reel, and toss out the jugs where you think the crappie are.

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc