Rectifier, and RPMS

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbull, Aug 28, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    A couple questions and the first may be a dumb one, with the help of bubbakat I suspect my rectifier is bad. My question is does my engine have a Rectifier Lead and a Rectifier/Regulator? I noticed on the the Parts schematics on the evinrude site that they both were listed, I went over my engine looking for it incase i missed it but the only things I have found are the power pack, tilt/trim relay box and a rectifier lead. Am I missing something here? Model number E112TSLERS 1994 rude 112hp.

Also what should this engine run at WOT? I am pushing 6700 to 6800 RPM's when this thing is actually running strong and that seems a little high.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    If that tach is right on that rpm's then you are about to sling the rods and pistons out of that engine. It should be running at around 55 to 5800 rpm's I look this afternoon and see if I can find a picture to locate the rectifier that should be the only thing you have on it and if the tach is working then the rectifier is still good.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sorry about that bubbakat I posted this before you got back to me earlier. I found out the tach was set wrong, it was set between 1 and 2 and was supposed to be on 6 so it was showing wrong the entire time, forgot to adjust that when I put the new motor on. My tach did go out though, I forgot I had that 70 horse johnson hanging in the garage, tested the rectifier on it and it passed so I stuck it on the boat motor, same part number and everything. I already have the carbs soaking, took out the welch plugs like you said, now its just a waiting game. Already bought the carb kits today 28$ a piece OUCH...:eek:oooh:...Gonna head to the river and do some bank fishing to clear my mind, been a long week. As always thanks for the help bubbakat.