Record Tying Bass

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), Jan 14, 2010.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    WHO GIVES A S@#!

In July, Japanese fisherman Manabu Kurita caught a 22.4lb largemouth bass at Lake Biwa, Japan's largest lake. It took six months to prove to be legit. It ties the record held by George Perry who caught his 22.4lb record bass at Montgomery Lake in Georgia. Like I said before, I don't really give a s@#!, just FYI. That is a big fish though. The largest bass caught in the Central Valley is 19lbs 3oz caught at Lake Success by Porterville.......still who gives a s@#!....just FYI. That's it.....I'm out.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I didnt know there were Largemouth Bass in Japan? I saw an article about Bass fishing there awhile back. The only record I will recognize is the U.S. Thanks for shareing.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Big Sean,
    Don't worry about it ...I got this - Because that record will fall on one of the times that we wet a line this year. (lol)
    :devil:

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    LOL!!!! Great post!

5. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I had no idea thwey had B@$$ in other parts of the world..Did they keep the fish alive for 6 months ou of itss home water?

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Then why call it a WORLD record?

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    lol. I am actually going on a few bass trips soon I promised some guys I would leave the cat gear at home. LOL. They challenged me so you know I am all up for challenges. It should be fun though I remember when I was a child I wanted to be like Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, and Orlando Wilson. They were my idols of fishing when I was a kid.

BTW I been hearing that bass fishing is growing in Japan. Also they are really good at making tackle now targeting bass so it is no surprise that they are going after it in Japan as well.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey B,
    "Bill Dance was the man in my eyes"
    & then came along the BOC & the world of Catfishing - & all of that change.
    (lol):laugh:
    :good:

9. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Man I hope that had let that bass go probaby ani't too many of them swimming around

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Bill Dance was good too. I like his shows he also went after catfish as well and his follies was also good he use to fall in the water, accidently hook himself and all kinds of stuff.

Catfishing is the thing though but I am venturing out more and doing some more stuff besides catfishing soon. I kinda been there and done that with blues, channels, and flats so its new challenges ahead now. Saltwater and trout is making a come back with me. The battles in the salt is back breaking especially when it comes to yellowtail, wsb, and tuna. Will not quit catfishing never, just want to get some other fish under my wing. LOL. California has it all when it comes to that.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey B,
    "& that is the reason that he was the man in my eyes" - "A B@$$ fishermen" - that was able to "Flip-the-Script"
    &
    is smart enough to fish along side of anyone out there.
    :soldier:

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yea he was.

He actually fished Irvine Lake once in so cal and caught like a cat in the 40's.

13. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    brother i feel u on that tuna now thats a fight i saw on Utube a guy caught one that
    was 80-90bls and took 5-6 guys just to hook it and put it in that boat for him.

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I dont Bass fish at all...NEVER..LOL but can you imagine "Tying" the record??? What is the odds in that???? That dude lost thousands of dollars man 1 more oz & he could have been an instant Millionaire...sponsors would have come out of the wood work!!!!:laugh1:

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Tuna are a blast. I use to go on overnighters, two days, and 3 day trips. The most I did was a 10 day. The trips are rather expensive but well worth it and fun.

Yellowtail are the best fighting fish I ever encountered. You can catch those on local island trips and overnight tuna trips as well.

Biggest tuna I caught was about an 80 pounder on a ten day trip - however there was some to 150 pounds caught on that trip. However there are some trips people get them to 300 pounds. Those are the 14 or more day trips or you can fly down to Mexico and go out of those area.

My friend catmando although he is an advid catfisherman also fishes for halibut, sailfish, makos, tuna, yellowtail, and trout, etc. We both like to target these other species it keeps things interesting in the hunt for getting pbs in them all.

I am thinking about some of the calico bass tournaments locally in the bay. Salt water always been a passion of mines and so cal has a wide variety to offer. Will likely do the halibut derby this spring.

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thats right. So much money in Bass fishing its incredible. I would love to break the LMB record and get rich from it. : )

17. grud

grud New Member

State:
    california
    yea i hear that.....with that kind of cash... i could get out of this studio apartment........and put a nice down payment on a house.......this bed that folds out of the wall is killing my back !! hehehe & hahaha

steve

18. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Man Bert you guy's are leaving off one of the pioneers of TV fishing...Virgil Ward ......does anyone remember him?

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Oh Yea" - I remember him - but - Mr. Dance was still the man in the Bassin' world.
    (Well in my eyes at lease)

:cool:

20. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Your kidding before long your gonna tell me I'm gonna have to teach my skipjacks and bluegills spanish to up my odds of catching big cats because there comming from all over now too, LOL.