Record on chum

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by blindfly69, Jul 9, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok i just saw something on the discovery channel about someone named frank messer i believe his name was....anyway he caught the REAL world record great white shark but the IGFA wouldnt give him the record because he caught it next to a dead shark and they said the shark is the reason the shark was there.......so does that mean anyone who uses chum cannot declare a record???.....i think if its on a rod and reel and fairly hooked they should give it to him no matter if it was by a dead whale or not.....what do you think?

2. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think you're right

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    if you get it with rod and reel it should be a record...

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    it was a whale not a shark that was used as chum i think he was in the right place at the right time it's just a know fact that big white sharks like dead whale the i g f a says that no mammal meat can be used it was caught fair and square as far as rod and reels goes the charchter quinn from jaws was made to be exactly like the shark hunter i hope this helps

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think he should get the record. He didn't kill the whale and put it there did he? Sounds like he knew his shark would be attracted to the already dead whale and was there on the ready to catch him.

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I saw that discovery special too. Some real read between the lines rules is what I say. He had to find the shark, it just so happened to be feeding on a whale. He baited up and threw near the shark which took the bait, he didn't snag the shark , it was caught on rod and real.A case of people who make the rules , making the rules. Go figure.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Is this the same guy they kicked out of the touney's because he won so many? I wish I could remember that guys name but they won't let him enter anymore shark tourney's because no one but him win's when he enters and no one else would enter when they found out he was entered.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It seems like he jsut knew what he was doing. I guess nobody can change it though since we don't make the rules.

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the whale didnt gurantee his shark....he still had to get the shark to abandon the whale go after his fish that he was usin for bait....and even then he had to fight the thing for who knows how long......in my mind he holds the record