RECORD Channel CATFISH CAUGHT

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, May 12, 2009.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
  2. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Thanks Andy.
    Thats one big @ss fish.

3. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    geez thats a big cat:crazy:

4. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    so the big question is was it released or harvested? The article didn't say...and if there's one that size, I wonder what the odds are of there being a few more like that, or maybe 15-20lbs just waiting to be caught..

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I hope it was released. But because of the goofy laws in AZ you can't transport a live game fish. You need to kill it to transport it.. Not sure if there was a certified scale on site... Probably not.. So it probably died to get weighted and certified for the record...
    :sad2:
    ~A

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Prolly so. :angry: Only ever caught two channels close to 20 lbs in my whole life. 26 would be a beauty for sure.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pretty cool. Wasnt very long ago another record channel got caught. I think that it was catch and release record. Looks to be a good year so far for the channels. Now...its time for a record flattie!

8. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    That is excellent! I live in Payson and fish Green valley lake. I generally catch bluegill for cut bait sometimes fish for cats about 2 lb size is about all I have caught. Right now I am in Hawaii but when I get back in the fall I might just have to try live bluegill right there when I can't make to Roosevelt. I will try and find out if it was released. Thanks for the link.

9. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice fish for sure. My claim to fame is a 29.1 channel I caught in Nebraska. If you click on my profile there is a picture.

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Dude,
    that thing is a hawg! You are holding it like a proud new dad holding his first born son... I would too, my largest channel is only 13lbs... Hope I can top that this summer..
    ~A

11. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    ya'll growin um big out there. good job.

12. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks man! Yeah, one of the happiest moments of my life for sure (sniff, sniff, sorry I got something in my eye). Caught it on Mothers Day 2003 on cut shad, and released her.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That channel looks like it could pass for a nice blue!

14. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I'm working with the AZGFD this summer and I got "word" a few weeks ago that Mr. Fish had delivered a "state record" channel catfish with one of its stocking trucks to an urban lake. I had been told it was in Veteran's Oasis urban lake in Chandler. Maybe this could be the fish? Either way it is one heck of a catch.

Then again I was also told it was supposed to be an albino fish, and the channel in the picture doesn't look albino to be, but you all know how that telephone game goes....

A few more people down the gossip line might have learned it was a world record hot-pink catfish.

15. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey Tony,
    Good to see you back on the board brother.

Hope all is well. Good fishing!

16. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Thanks Andy,

Schools over for now so I definitely have a little bit more time to check the boards and stuff.

Still can't find any time to fish for catfish!

17. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona

That is just wrong... :sad2:

* Hope you get a chance real soon...

18. NGHTFSHER

NGHTFSHER Member

State:
    phoenix,az
    My guess is that someone put it in from roosevelt! I've seen people put cats in there. I have also caught crappies in there and you know they don't stock them. The main lake has some really big trout in there I have seen about a 15 lb rainbow in there. I thought it was dead it came to the surface on its side at the dock. me and my freind started to poke it with are rods and nothing. It was at the surface on its side for a good minute and then when I went to grab the net it went back down crazy. That was the biggest trout I have ever seen in the wild.

19. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome Steve to the BOC, I have also been told guys have put some large bass in the lake from Roosevelt. I don't know how old a 26 lb channel cat would be but I haven't seen guys catfishing generally.