Recommend me some new line.

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by farbeyonddriven, Jun 28, 2009.

1. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been using Berkley Big Game, but to me it seems to have too much memory, it's biggest appeal to me has been it's toughness and abrasion resistance, but last night it started to fray on me. I guess the line I am looking for would be tough and not have a lot of memory. I am using baitcasters.

and please don't say Cajun Red, I hate the stuff, it comes of like a slinky.:wink:

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use Big Game #30, and I've started using Real Magic which seems to help with the memory problem. If you really like the Berkley it can't hurt to give it a try:wink: Stay safe and good fishing!!!

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    same here that is all i use is berkley big game #30 and all i use is baitcaster

4. farbeyonddriven

State:
    Indiana
    Which Stren do you use? I'm thinking on trying the high impact.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Berkley Big Game and Reel Magic. How old is the line that you have on your reel and have you left it out in the sun for long periods?

6. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    if you have had problems with big game and cajun then i am going to guess that the line isnt spooled correctly or its not tight enough on the spool.

7. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    I would look into Sufix if I were you.

I've used DNA, Tritanium and elite and love all three.. although I believe DNA has been discontinued.

Every reel I own has Sufix on it and I haven't looked back.

Have to agree on Cajun, that stuff is horrid! The worst line I ever have used. Couldn't even get it to run right off a 5" Alvey reel, let a lone a conventional... :roll_eyes:

8. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    power pro braided 40# great stuff

9. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    yozuri hybrid in 30lb test unmatched abrasion resistance and low stretch. 1/4lb spool retails for about 15 dollars.

10. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Braids have no memory and cast better than monos. 30# line is 8#dia so you can put more line on and cast further. And no stretch with braid faster hook sets less drag it heavy current too. So you use lighter sinkers to hold your bait.

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Eric, I have to agree with Crucial. Suffix is the stuff if you have the money. :big_smile:

12. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Spider Wire stealth, its all I run on my big rods and I love the stuff. Plus, it makes a neat sound while casting out. Tears up metal guides pretty quick though. Knots turn out nice and its got good abrasion resistance.

13. farbeyonddriven

State:
    Indiana
    I picked up some Stren Catfish at the local bait shop, but I have an order from BPS with some suffix elite coming. Anyone ever use the Stren Catfish?