Recipies for Spoonbill?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by TheMadCatter, Apr 29, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    so now that i have a decent amount of spoonbill i was thinking of having some friends over for a little "fry", and thought it might be interesting to do it a bunch of different ways.
    so whats good guys? i have a few suggestions, but i was wondering if anyone had any special recipies that they would be willing to share.
    thanks.

2. huntoften

huntoften New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Coat the big steaks in montreal seasoning and grill on high heat. Baste with some cheap beer. Eat them like a steak.

When they are fresh...slice into thin strips, soak in several changes of water and then douse them with some lemon juice. Drop them in some roiling boiling water with shrimp boil spices and more lemon. Cook for no more than 1-2 minutes. Serve with cocktail sauce...poor man's shrimp without the peel.

Fried ain't bad, but there are more options with meat like spoonbill.

3. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Get some Lowrys Lemon marinade at the store, soak the steaks in that and grill 6 -7 min. per side depending on thickness.

You can take some and cut in fish strips, soak in Franks Red Hot, coat with flower and deep fry. Won't be too hot, just enough to give it some flavor.

4. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    this sounds bad ,but dip fish in regular yellow mustard then roll it in lousiana fish fry or use your favorite mix.this works good for catfish and crappie too!:wink:ITS AWESOME

5. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Spoonbill is really good barbaqued on the grill like you would chicken.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Only way I've ever had it was the same as catfish,rolled in a flour/cornmeal mix with spices and deep fried,pretty good vittles.:wink:

7. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    u might try a search of the site, i know twice ive posted info on cooking spoonies. if they got deleted in a server move or something ill repost