Rechargable spotlight?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by catch & release, Jun 29, 2008.

1. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    Any of you tried a rechargeable spotlight? I need a new spotlight and the rechargeable spotlights with no cords etc. look appealing.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I don't use one but my father in law does and he seems to do fine with it. Just got to make sure you got a full charge on it before you go out for a full night of fishin

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I just bought a twin pack of chargeable spotswith the thought that the charging ahead would save my on board batteries. I hope they arent crap but it wont be the first thing I tried that didnt work.
    LB

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    They make some pretty good ones now but I think you just have to spend a little more money and make sure you get a good one so you don't get left out in the dark:eek:oooh::smile2:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    So far I've had five different rechargable spotlights but none last more than two years. They are very handy and some stay charged longer than other but they will die on you.

6. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    They are very expensive but, a Streamlight LightBox is one of the best. A good one will run about $100 but they come with a lifetime warrenty. On a full charge one will run 9hrs straight! Sounds like alot of money but after buying a couple cheaper ones you could have already bought one. Good luck!

7. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I make sure now when I buy one that it is a good one and that it also comes with a DC power cable that I can use to run it off a 12 volt batt when it goes dead. Brinkman makes a good one for around 40 bucks. I also stay with the 1 million candle power ones because the 2 million or higher ones just go dead a lot faster.

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I've got a Vector Twin-Beam rechargeable spotlight, works great. 3 mil candlepower and has a nifty built-in flourescent worklight that's great for just keeping the boat dimly lit. Comes with a charger and a 12VDC adapter plug, plus has a cigarette lighter receptacle for powering a cell phone charger, etc.

The model I have is VEC120FS - here's a photo: http://www.vectormfg.com/products/lighting/pages/VEC120FS.htm

It looks like the company is now owned by Black & Decker so who knows if it's still available.

9. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    :0a27: the vector light is an awsome light i just bought one a couple weeks ago... i was told we looked like a barge coming up river when we were using it to navigate and the little light it has is also great

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    jr, what size light do you have? I haven't shopped for a spotlight in several years, and I was amazed when I looked at what's available now. A 20M CP rechargeable spotlight that also hooks up to either 12v or 120v for only $33.84, including shipping! Granted, it only runs for 25 minutes cordless, but you can simply hook it up to your 12v system on your boat to have power just like a regular corded spotlight. And if I only connect the spotlight to my 12v system when my outboard's running, it will recharge the light without running down my boat's batteries.