Recent rain equals new water levels

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Dec 10, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Has any one seen how Bartlet or Rossy is doing?
    * I am going to try Bartlet next weekend to see what it looks like.. I have been itching to try the new spots I marked on the GPS when the levels were low..

Rain baby rain.

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I haven't been lately but I know the upper salt is flowing good into Roosevelt. I can't get enough of this rain, I love it, I hope it rains all winter really. The good thing is that this rain is relatively steady, to keep the ground saturated so we have more run-off into the reservoirs. I'm hoping for a good snow pack for once too.

Lets all pray for more!

3. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Just went to Bartlet today. Just for a few hours. Was thinking about camping there this weekend. Was raining the whole time. Some water was flowing over the main road on my way out. Fished for two hours no bites. Bait was easy to get with a throw net though.

Wanted to fish the back side of horse shoe. But the road was closed. Bartlet should be rising because last I checked they were letting 800cfs out of horse shoe and letting about 325 or something out of Bartlet dam. Will be fishing pleasant again all night tomorrow night. I get off work at seven so should be at the lake by eight. see if I can pull a few more flats out of plez

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thanks dude. Are they going to let Horseshoe fill up too?

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    All this water us great!!!! It should make for a good 2008. TWo weeks ago when the 1st rains came through it took Horseshoe from 0% to 26% it went up 20 feet in two days. This past weekend raised it another 20 or so feet. Last i checked ir was 46%. They are bleeding it of into Bartlett and Bartlett has gone up 6%. Roosie has gone up 7% also. :big_smile: I'm loving it. If they let Horseshoe fill up to 100% you can bet i'm goin. I have only seen Horseshoe at 100% 5 times in the past 15 years. When full, the river above is not only beyond beautiful, but as long as the water stays running and chocolate you can catch cats day and night. It is where i caught my PB channel cat. Caught several Flatheads there over 30 lbs in 98. I hope they let it fill. On the down side, they quit maintaining Horseshoe road. Gonna have to 4 wheel the boat in. Or is that the plus side? Either way, man i am excited about all the water.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Indeed, 2008 is going to be a great year for catfishing in AZ!

:roll_eyes:

7. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    All that wonderfull snow up north! Spring is gonna be good!

8. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    travis, you will have to let me know if and when WE are going to fish horseshoe!! I get the cast off TOMARROW!!!! But cleatus is down for a couple more weeks, found out the "tv" are going to crap, so I have to send them out to lowrance, hope to have them by spawn:sad2:

Everything else is a go, new, upgraded or fixed!!! so cleatus will arrive 08 in style!

9. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It will be. I plan on catching at least a 80 or 90 pounder. That means you should rip out a 100 pounder. :wink:

10. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Matt, hopefully they let Horsehoe fill. It is going to take a couple of more storms though. They won't let HS get 100% until Bartlett is 100%. HS has to be at least 85% before i'll take the boat there. We can only hope for more storms. Glad to hear both you and cleatus are getting fixed up. I thought i was going to get kicked out of cabelas the other day for dreuling on their 10" sonar screen display. :tounge_out: I want one really bad......... Good luck with the arm.
    Cya

11. DoubleJ007

DoubleJ007 New Member

BOC,

I appreciate every post it seems that you guys have the desert fishin down. Now only if I could catch one and have my girlfreind hike back to a few spots with me.

Wish everybody a great 2008! :roll_eyes:

12. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Bartlett looks awesome. I have not seen the water that hi since 98. It was still rising too.

13. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    travis it is about time to get out, you ready?:eek:oooh:

14. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Just about. I need to do some work on the jeep before i drive to Roosie again, but i'm gonna try and get out this weekend. Either Bartlett or Pleasent. Don't know yet. I went to Bartlett in the day Saturday. Pushed up river as far as possible, dropped back a tad and fished until dark. Just one bite. Missed it. Water is 47 degrees. All i really wanted to do was test out my new rain/warm gear. Drove all the way back to the dock in the rain in the dark. Rain gear worked great. Dry and warm from head to toe. Was a blast navigating back. Next time i'll stay all night.

15. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yesterday Horseshoe was down to 4%. It went up 20% over night from the rain this past weekend and the water is still blasting in there at 11296 cps. Bartlett is at 91% now. A couple of more storms along with the melted snow pack and Horseshoe might just fill up. :big_smile: Roosie is up to 58% and still filling up from both ends. There is gonna be some fat cats out there this year.

16. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    well i got cleatus back, my arm out of the cast, and my attitude is ready for some fishing. Maybe a after work till midnight trip?

17. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    When and where ya thinking?

18. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    i fished roosie sun lake is up and river was around 8-10 ft again. i may fish plesent today for striper/whites, but I am down to fish anywhere. I just want to go.

19. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm really leaning toward pleasant on saturday morning but i'm thinking about staying all night. I need some outdoor time.

20. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    How'd you do chief? Any fish? I'm heading out tomorrow for sure.