Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
You are not kidding about that load that will be lifted...My wife is going with me to sign the Contract...The Company President wants to meet her and get her feelings on it all...

It was the first time I have ever been asked to bring my wife to a Contract signing, made me feel pretty good as though he really cared what my family thinks of the Company...

Well I am off and will let every one know how things went tomorrow as my return home tonight will be very late...Have to meet at 1pm and then off to look at some housing before comming home...
Thanks Every one for your kind words and Support...:smile2::smile2::smile2:

I can imagine the load that will be lifted of your shoulders.The first check make sure to take your wife out to celebrate.

GREAT NEWS! .. Sounds like you landed on your feet pretty well.

I'm still looking :angry: .. Been getting interviews, just haven't landed anything yet.... Got a promising 2nd Interview the 15th, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

I know what you mean by the weight. I got a wife and 2 kids and I'm the only income for us...

Just ran across this thread Paul, Hope everything works out. General Tire in Mt Vernon has openings from what I here in case things turn sour again, may be drivable distance from home for you. Good Luck.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Well I have signed the Contract and setup 45 days of temp. housing...
I have the biggest process of the entire deal ahead of me in the way of securing permanent housing...We went to look at housing today found a really nice little place, in that Shadow Lake Area that has the 4 lakes...We are going to see how the financing goes for mobile homes and keep looking and not rush into things to make sure job is really going to work out before we close on anything...
I start work on the 21st do a little paper work 1st and 2nd day and leave immediately on the 3rd day to start travel to Maryland for a New machine install...

We looked at 4 different Mobile Homes...All of which are 1 bedrooms with bunk rooms...We wanted to look at another stick built home but as it turned out it was sold when we got there...

We looked for a couple days at the travel trailer/motor home idea...the only problem is that in the Chicago area the frost line is so deep that the Campgrounds shut down in the winter or shut water off...Plus the yearly rates are crazy high...and now they are coming up with new rules about moving to new sites every 90 days...
This would have been the most reasonable method for housing but it just don't seem like a possiblity...

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I am back home...Only took me 3 days to figure out that was not for me...several reasons played into my decisions...Let me start to list them...Don't get me wrong the job it's self was easy...
but I am a worker and can't sit at a desk 50% of the time playing cards waiting to get sent out...There was 5 employees in the office of which only 2 of us spoke English that you did not have to question every word...Those other 3 in the office spoke Japanese and only one of them spoke well enough to carry on a conversation with in English...

I understood my job to be a Service Engineer not a interrupter for Japanese Techs.

I also could not take the crazy idiot drivers and all the traffic...I spent 2 1/2 hrs one morning for a 32 mile drive...

The housing in the area was out of the question...for a typical 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch style home,honestly nothing special.... built in the 70's...you are looking at prices ranging from 200,000 to 350,000 dollars...with taxes in the range of 5,800.00 to 9,000.00 depending upon what suburb you wanted to live in...

A drive from an area with affordable housing ranging from 100,000 to 175,000 for the same homes...you are looking at a morning and evening typical drive of 2 1/2 hrs to 3 hrs...In bumper to bumper traffic...plus taxes are still in the 2,500.00 range to 3,500.00 range

I made my decisions today based on my family and making money not loosing it...I will keep looking Something will turn up...

paul, sorry to hear it didnt work out over there. perhaps you should come look around st louis for a job. then we can fish every weekend! i know what its like to be the only english speaking guy on a job. sometimes i catch myself thinking in spanish.

Paul,
Hang in there buddy, something will work out. Check that site I e-mailed you and I will do the same. Something will turn up. Like Shane said, find something in the St. Louis area and we can all go fishing every weekend.....and Brian will have a steady supply of bait for us!

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Will do bud and if I can get something closer... Brian better have us some bait with that new boat he has...

Paul,
Hang in there buddy, something will work out. Check that site I e-mailed you and I will do the same. Something will turn up. Like Shane said, find something in the St. Louis area and we can all go fishing every weekend.....and Brian will have a steady supply of bait for us!

Discussion starter · #56 ·
thanks to everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers...

I think I jumped the gun a little with the job in Chicago, I just didn't put a logical thought with it...I have never been with out a job before in my life and that weighed pretty heavy on me so I was not using the logical side of my brain when I made that decision...

I have several fingers out in the local area to help me with locating something with in my field...I am just not ready to take a 10.00 an hr. job at this point...however when worse comes to worse I will do what is necessary to keep my family feed...

Right now I am going to do some chores around the house that have been neglected due to working 60 hr weeks...Painting and other little things...I am just fortunate enough to have a small cushion to fall back on from working all those hrs...

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.