Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Recent Job Loss

4K views 59 replies 35 participants last post by  deerhunter4 
#1 ·
Prayer request?

After New management within company recent manager decided to terminate employment after 13 years of dedicated service...Decreased work and higher paid employee = termination

please pray for me and my family

What a lovely Christmas Gift:sad2::embarassed::embarassed::sad2:

First Time I have ever been terminated from a job and just not sure how to handle it...Very painful...
I could have probably taken it better if She the Plant Mgr would have done it after Christmas...What a Heartless Woman

#2 ·
Wow, brother I am truly sorry to hear this. You would have thought that wherever the order came from it could have waited a few more days. Sounds like the large companies in this area. They can let one long term employee go and pay two new people for the same wage. Flat out dirty.:angry: I had a good friend that had this happen to him after almost 20 years with the same company.
You and your family have my best wishes and prayers.
Sincerely,
David

#3 ·
Prayers to you and yours Paul. The steel mill I work for is also going through changes. They plan on cutting 13% of our workforce after the first of the year, and they say they are not going by seniority, so even people like myself who have been there since the concrete was poured are at risk. I just hope that my work ethic, experience, and job performance carry me through. Good luck to you, hope something comes along for you soon. God bless.

#7 ·
My gosh, Paul. That is terrible! You are right - the timing absolutely sucks. It is really a stab in the back that a company lets a valuable, loyal employee go like that. With your skills and experience, I hope that you find another job soon. Remember that God has a plan for everything. If there is anything Kristen and I can do to help, please let us know.

#11 ·
I know just how you feel. Went through the same thing TWICE!!
:sad2:Seems like all companys are all alike.They like doing those things just before Christmas Season.Just hang in there something will come along. Just don't give up Hope!!. GOD BLESS and Prayers said.

#15 ·
Well Paul, I'm right there with ya.. Been laid off a couple months now after 11.5 years.. Luckily, we already Christmas saved plus some cushion heh...

Don't let it get you down. Look at it as an opportunity to "move on up to the east side".... Kinda strange to go on interviews after all these years. Just keep your head up and ears open and you'll land on your feet...

#18 ·
Paul I am VERY Sorry to hear this News.It seems like alot of companies could care less about there employs any More. Now I'm sort of a Vindictive Person at times,So this is My Christmas Wish,I Hope The OLD Douche Bag that Laid You Off Gets Canned Also.J.D.:sad2:

#21 ·
I am as well...at times but usually feel like crap after because it is just not natural for me to be this way,very heavy hearted and think all is good in this world...This woman is ruthless and heartless and only has herself she thinks of...

Thank You all for your support here...This BOC Family has really made me believe the world is still good...You all really make me feel like family...I have asked for a BOC Sticker to put on my Truck for Christmas and if you ever see me and need anything just know I will help and be there if at all possible...

Paul I am VERY Sorry to hear this News.It seems like alot of companies could care less about there employs any More. Now I'm sort of a Vindictive Person at times,So this is My Christmas Wish,I Hope The OLD Douche Bag that Laid You Off Gets Canned Also.J.D.:sad2:

#22 ·
Paul,

I am truly sorry to hear about this. I too lost my job this year and it has made it a very difficult year for my family, in many different ways other than just financial. To have it happen right before Christmas, I can't even imagine. Just remember, when God closes one door, he opens another one. I will be praying for you and your family, please let us know when you get another job.

#23 ·
Paul,
Sorry about your loss. We hope and pray all will turn out well for you and your family. I have never been in your situation, but I could just imagine how it must feel.
Hang in there Brother!!

Wally & Pam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.