Recent Job Loss

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by deerhunter4, Dec 20, 2007.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prayer request?

After New management within company recent manager decided to terminate employment after 13 years of dedicated service...Decreased work and higher paid employee = termination

please pray for me and my family

What a lovely Christmas Gift:sad2::embarassed::embarassed::sad2:

First Time I have ever been terminated from a job and just not sure how to handle it...Very painful...
    I could have probably taken it better if She the Plant Mgr would have done it after Christmas...What a Heartless Woman

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Wow, brother I am truly sorry to hear this. You would have thought that wherever the order came from it could have waited a few more days. Sounds like the large companies in this area. They can let one long term employee go and pay two new people for the same wage. Flat out dirty.:angry: I had a good friend that had this happen to him after almost 20 years with the same company.
    You and your family have my best wishes and prayers.
    Sincerely,
    David

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers to you and yours Paul. The steel mill I work for is also going through changes. They plan on cutting 13% of our workforce after the first of the year, and they say they are not going by seniority, so even people like myself who have been there since the concrete was poured are at risk. I just hope that my work ethic, experience, and job performance carry me through. Good luck to you, hope something comes along for you soon. God bless.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    man i'm truely sorry to here this, especialy at this time . my familys prayers
    are with yours trough this time , will light a candle for you and say a blessful prayer.

5. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune that is a heartless thing to do to someone but it allto common in this day and age,it's all about the money not the people who grew the company to where it is.I too went through the very same thing in 2005,sorry again.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm also really sorry about your job situation. I will surly say a prayer for ya.

-Jim-

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My gosh, Paul. That is terrible! You are right - the timing absolutely sucks. It is really a stab in the back that a company lets a valuable, loyal employee go like that. With your skills and experience, I hope that you find another job soon. Remember that God has a plan for everything. If there is anything Kristen and I can do to help, please let us know.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul sorry to hear of the job loss. This is a bad time of the year for this to happen. Prayers sent your way. Maybe God has something better for you. If you need to talk or any help, you have my number.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am sorry also bro... Don't know what to say. I wish you the best and finding something to tie up the bills for the time being.. just to help get you by until some beautiful job opens up. I pray for you buddy.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry to hear the horrible news...Prayers are sent your way!:sad2:

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I know just how you feel. Went through the same thing TWICE!!
    :sad2:Seems like all companys are all alike.They like doing those things just before Christmas Season.Just hang in there something will come along. Just don't give up Hope!!. GOD BLESS and Prayers said.

12. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Paul I'm sorry to hear about you getting laid off. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers coming from nevada. I hear ya, I'm self employed and run into that situation every couple of months. It always gets better.

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well that pretty much S***ks, Big Bussiness in America. Hope all works out for ya......

15. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well Paul, I'm right there with ya.. Been laid off a couple months now after 11.5 years.. Luckily, we already Christmas saved plus some cushion heh...

Don't let it get you down. Look at it as an opportunity to "move on up to the east side".... Kinda strange to go on interviews after all these years. Just keep your head up and ears open and you'll land on your feet...

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    paul, im really sorry that happened to you. there is a really stressful empty feeling that comes with losing a job. but you are a very dedicated hard working man, so im sure things will look up for you. everybody is pulling for you here of course!

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Paul I am VERY Sorry to hear this News.It seems like alot of companies could care less about there employs any More. Now I'm sort of a Vindictive Person at times,So this is My Christmas Wish,I Hope The OLD Douche Bag that Laid You Off Gets Canned Also.J.D.:sad2:

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hopefully it will get better and become a blessing

20. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Randy,
    You know it just sucks this close to the holidays everything is closed until after the first of the year...It was more of a personal vendetta than anything...In my opinion