Recent Great Miami River Report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Went out with Dinkbuster the last two evenings on his boat on the GMR, where we went we had very limited use of the boat and tried several different places trying to locate the channels. On Wednesday night it was colder and a falling barometer and we struggled to get 3 channels around 3-5 lbs. on cut shad. By the time we left we thought we had maybe figgured out where some fish were and when we came back last night, it was warmer, overcast and windy with threatening skies. still a dropping barometer. Water was murky brown around 55 degrees but at a good fishable level with a lot of algae and crap in the water column. We tried a few other spots since our best spot was directly in the wind with nearly whitecaps so we hit a sheltered bank and got a few right away,so we were thinking, Ok we found em, well that was a problem because after 2 right away, that was it, so we moved aways and after several more moves we found a small group of fish and ended up getting 7 between us and missing another 5-7 runs, ( yes, even with circles), fish were all between about 3-5 lbs again, no pictures since it started raining right after we got there and it made for a miserable night to just be sitting in the rain but we finally got into a few so we were not about to leave, :rolleyes: Left at dark when it got too cold to be wet. overall a good evening and the fish are there , just hope we can get back on them after this new batch of storms tonight.

I appreciated getting to go out in Dinks boat with his bait, gotta dig that, THANKS for the offer!! I owe ya one.

Salmonid

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's how almost all of my trips have been this year. Me and my brother will catch 2-4 fish in the first half hour, then nothing. So we move, catch a few real quick, then nothing. So on and so on.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im hoping we get some good rain, but not too much to where the rivers are blown out to where i cant put the boat in again. if so i'll be ready to do some bankfishing. either way the channels will be going nuts tomorrow!