Recent finds

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by ka_c4_boom, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i found out the other day that the farm im currently living on was established in 1886 the house i live in has 4 chimneys one with a fire place still noticeable all the floors are hard wood even up stairs the basement was rock but over the years has been repoured in concrete , im thinking of breaking out my metal detector this weekend so be prepared i hope to have some thing to show come next week , back last spring when putting in a flower bed i found an old barlow knife with wood handles but the blade was rusted up pretty bad . bound to be some coins or something in this yard . might even look for an old out house location iv heard of good collectables being found in them before , its a dirty job but somebody has to do it :lol:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i couldnt wait i hit one side of the side walk last night and heres my find , only dug 3 inches down 3 different spots

Attached Files:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles it looks like you are off to a good start. I love metal detecting and its like catfishing in that you never know what you are going to bring up next.Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your finds. Thanks for the pics. Good Luck

4. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    great find keep digging

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Look for the remains of old out buildings, large shade trees, corners of the house and near the outside of the chimney's. Places that people could redily relate to a hiding place.

Your in for some cool finds.

What detector are you using?

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    its a vlf metal detecter from walmart , cheap but a x-mas gift . it works but not like i would think the more expensive ones would , its hard to distinguish between a nail and a dime and im not sure how deep it reads heres something i found today beside the chimney :lol: treasures

Attached Files:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thats some cool stuff Charles keep it up and you'll find somthing really valuable I had a friend that used to take me detecting with his and each thing was like opening a christmas preasent

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I do some detecting myself...boy do I recognize those pull tabs! I use a
    White 6000 DI hip mount. My machine is an older model but is really effective. The best places around here is old schools, drive-in theaters or
    where they once were, old parks, and vacant lots. I like to detect the
    area lakes after the fall draw down, find alot of sinkers, but on my machine gives the same signature as gold...so I always check to be sure.
    Over the years I have found rings, watches, even an axe head. Detecting
    is a great hobby, relaxing and rarely profitable. I tell my wife I sometimes
    have a nightmare about finding a diamond ring...she says whats wrong
    with finding a ring...I tell it has a finger in it...LOL

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    When the weather warms up a bit more, I expect to see alot more from you guys.

I just got in a Minelab Excallibur 1000 today. It's totally water proof to 100' I think. Don't ever plan to go that deep.

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I had one of those cheap Whites back in the early 70's. Went to an old cabin that had fell in. Didn't find any money but several old bottles. A couple were old medicine bottles. Best one was an old Arrow Distillery Gin bottle from Peoria, Illinois. From what I've found out is they shut down that distillery back in the 30's. Still have it somewhere in my junk.

The first day I had it I walked around the fence of a public swimming pool and found over 3 bucks worth of change.

Lots of old home places here in Arkansas that I know about. A friend has one and he wants to go hunting this spring.

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Old home sites are great for finding antique items. Hopefully it's not too trashy. Dig all the signals and descriminate nothing. With patients, you'll find a few things to bragg about.

12. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I wish I had my detector still i've always wanted to check around some stone walls up in the foothills near me where back in the 1800's they had chinese building these walls, mayh have to go ahead and get a nother one. Also up where my girl lives is gold country Mariposa california, and there are alot of old structures up there.

Think i'll see what I can find as far as a good detector goes i'm going to get board this winter I can see it already.

Thanks guys