recall message

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by 223reload, Mar 1, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just recieved a recall from Ford on 7.3 ltr diesels from 97-03. Concerning the camshaft posisition sensor!! it can function intermittently and cause stalling ,thereby causing an accident!! /My F250 7.3 liter powerstroke has been dying unexpectedly for a few months now . I was planning to have it analyzed at ford in the upcoming weeks ,Glad I got the recall notice today ,WHY the he!! they put a sensoe on the da%^camshaft anyway ,I knew this was an electrical problem as each time it died ,It would start right away . like the first time each morning. I thought it was a sensor ,but I was thinking an oil sensor ,as it happened before using Delo 400 oil once . I use rotella T now and havent had a prob till a few months ago. Glad to see a recall notice on it though.

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I had a buddy whose 03 did that all the time to him. Just shut off driving down the road. Now they recall it after he traded it for a new one already.
    I usually use either Rotella T or Mobil Delvac 1300 Super in mine. Actually my oil sample tests seem to come back a little better with Delvac..:big_smile:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I ran a Hummin Cummins 457,000 on rotella t and still going strong when I sold it

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    We are doing quite a bit of those recalls right now, they went from 168.00 to 28.00 when they were recalled, but now once you put a new one that's it, before it seemed like they were going out all the time!!!1 What a pain, i like selling them but I don't like hearing everyone complaining about how they went out so often(which is only right since they went out quite often, btw we were the only ones in town who would honor the 12 month 12000 mile over the counter warranty on them, and rightfully so. the customer should have to buy another one a month down the road!!!!) but now they are made in china!!!!and last a long time.....just frustrating. but i assure you thats what it is.....

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    excuse me that should have said "the customer should not have to buy another one" was too late for me to edit!!!! If you ever need anything for your Ford let me know I can save you alot of money even though there would be freight involved, I'd be glad to help out another brother!!!!

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    oh yeah, everyone uses the rotella t down here too!!!!btw those sensors were made in taiwan before, now in china, and they seem to hold up way better!!

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Down here in GA I run amsoil. 25K bettween changes with the special filter. Costs bout 100 bucks. Thanks for the heads up. Got an 02 7.3. got alot of upgrades under the hood, hope that don't void it.

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    If they do not honor it u can always buy one & install it urself, there's only one bolt holding iton & all u do is unbolt it & bolt the new one on!!!!!! They are only 28 bucks now, so it might not be worth the hastle of going to the dealer & waiting in line...

9. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Probably just let it go. Got a 156K on the original.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I called today and made an appt. for first thing tomorrow mornin,they said it would only take 15-20 minets to change ,.