Rebuilt lower unit on evinrude 110hp

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by koondawg, Oct 14, 2006.

1. koondawg

koondawg New Member

State:
    texas
    95 110hp Evinrude
    Model E115LEOC 60 degree

I had the lower unit molested by a manic,two gears and the pinion were trashed teeth stripped off. The lower unit was rebuilt, the power trim didn't work when I got it back and now I have checked the grease in the lower unit and there is fine metal shaving in it.
    I am of the belief that I should probably flush the lower unit with diesel fuel and then put fresh grease in it.
    I pay cash for all my work immediately upon completion and I have become totally disgusted with quality of work that I have received on my boats, having owned about 14 so far, I had hoped that this would be the last, so I am treating it a little better than I did my first wife.
    This is terribly frustrating for me to pay someone to fix my stuff and get it back with a shade tree job, at a professional high quality rate of pay.(125.00 per hr) I think I will buy a service manual and do it myself, it ccannot get much worse.

The question: do I flush the lower unit, can I use it maybe once before I do?

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Fine metal shavings are break in shavings.

If it looks like fine hairs on the magnetic plug, it's just part of what happens.