In February of 2006 my son Scott received an old 1984 Play Craft pontoon boat for free.It had been sitting in the lake for 3 years and was in bad shape.The motor would not run. The foot had been in the water all this time.My friend Dragger borrowed a trailer and we went to retrieve the old pontoon from the lake. It was cold and raining that day.I took my trolling motor and mounted it on the front of the pontoon.We had to move the pontoon about 200 yards to the boat ramp.At first it did not look like we would make it. The ride was slow going but we finely got the pontoon to the ramp and out of the water.Then we removed both plugs from the pontoons and about 50 gallons of water ran out of each of them.The previous owner had left several bolts out of the of the railing that holds the fuel tanks in place on the rear of the pontoons and over time they filled with water.After about 4 hours we finally got the old boat home. My wife and I started to remove the railing.I had to use a sawzall and cut all the rusted bolts to remove the railing and the seats,and the old canopy.Next my wife removed the old carpet while I was at work then we removed the floor decking which was coming apart.Then we cleaned all the railing and the pontoons and the motor foot with Aluminum Bright.That stuff works great. 1 We replaced all the flooring with marine grade 3/4 plywood I treated the top side with Thompson water sealer and left the bottom side untreated so it could breath. 2 We replaced the old carpet with new out door hunter green carpet.I used the glue that they recommended. 3 I built a fuse block and rewired the whole system and fused all wire to the positive. 4 We replaced the railing with all new stainless steel bolts,flat washers and nylox lock nuts. 5 I restored the old console with new treated wood and restapled the old cover and padding with stainless steel staples.I also raised the console 3/4 of an inch off the floor so water would not stand under it. 6 Replaced the old steering with a new one from Bass Pro.It's a single point hook up.The old one was froze up. 7 On the rear of the pontoons where the fuel tanks sit I glued some rubber mates I bought from Lowe's and replaced all the missing bolts in the tank railing. 8 Installed the new aluminum top that brother Dragger fabricated for me and wired the over head fluorescent green lights for night fishing.The green ones will not blind you and installed a rear spot light and the rear running light. 9 I replaced both the plastic fuel tanks with new metal tanks and new gas line. 10 Removed both the carburetors.Cleaned them and replaced the fuel lines. 11 I also added 6 of the large dock bumpers 3 on each side and two 100 feet length of anchor rope and my new bait tank. 12 I mounted 10 rod holders made of 316 stainless steel that brother Dragger made for me. 13 I installed a new Bottom Line depth and fish finder. 14 My wife and I decided to leave all the deck furniture off and use deck chairs. 15 And finally we were finished all we needed was a trailer so we went to the marina and bought a new galvanize Wesco pontoon trailer we were set to go.