Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do with it. Words of caution: do not use treated wood on aluminum, it will eat it up. You can use regular plywood covered with epoxy.Try to keep it as light as possible.Aluminus is the best choice but is expensive.But since you got the boat for free its worth putting some money into it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is my 14ft aluminum boat. It started out as nothing but a row boat. here is what I did with it. I am currently re-doing the back area so I can fish more comfortably. I am taking the aluminum part of the rear seat out, putting the wooden top that is built on the floor ( cut it down to size first) then all I have to do is add an extension to the seat bracket. But it's a nice fishing boat and now I am removing all carpet and spraying a great new liner on it.. it's made by durabak. I will take some pics as I am doing this. http://www.dskellogg.com/boat.html

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dustin, that is a very nice looking boat now that you have improved it so much! I really like what you have done with the front deck and seats.

What is the brand of the boat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.