rebuilding 30 hp johnson carb?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by quadrunner42029, Jun 28, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    its a johnson 1993 30 hp 2 stroke one carb 2 cylinders premix gas, the filter in tank broke off and got trash in carb now wont run worth a dang wont plain off or idle what would be a reasonable price to pull it off and clean it out and everything? got a certified mechanic that lives at end of my road that works out of his garage just wondering, thanks guys

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Do it yourself. Go to your public library and check out a repair manual for your motor. Go to an auto parts store (NAPA, Auto Zone, O'Reilys', etc) and get the rebuild kit. Follow instructions and you'll be okay... or you could pay the guy 75.00 to 150.00 to do it for you.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You could always ask him, also. !00.00 is not unreasonable, and a tad low, if you get the rebuild kit with it.

4. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    i got it fixed myself :big_smile: i pulled plugs they were fouled bad cleaned them put em back in and i found some loose wires that had rattled loose i guess tightened everything down snuggly and looked her over real good and hooked the muffs to her and it ran fine unlike before so we took it to the lake and i unloaded it and as soon as i got out of no wake i hammered it and it jumped right out of hole like she always has and i ran back and forth down the lake for about 10 minutes and she runs good i stopped and planed off like 4 times just to make sure jets werent clogged hopefully she keeps running good we going to lake tonight to find out thanks anyways guys

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Cool, now the next time you have a problem, look the damned thing over before you go bothering people.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    don't forget, you need a fuel filter in there somewhere

7. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Even though it runs fine on the muffs doesn't mean it will run fine in the water once the prop has a load on it - especially with a fuel delivery/dirty carb problem. It takes more fuel to move the prop under load.