Rebel's cove conservation area

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Snagman23, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    I may be in the wrong area, but has anyone ever deer hunted at Rebel's cove. It is near the Iowa border in NE MO. I was thinking of going next weekend, but I have never been there before and would like a report. Let me know if it sucks too so I'm not wasting my time.

I'm looking for a bruiser this year.
    Thanks guys!!

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Don't know the area but remember the any deer tag is the only one you can use there. No anterless tags. Welcome to the BOC.

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Sam I'm familiar with that area and yes there is a lot of deer there. The only problem is that everyone knows about it. It is one of the largest deer camps I've ever seen. People show up early and put up wall tents, it gets pretty crowded. I made the mistake of going pheasant hunting there during gun season, once I saw the madness I left!:embarassed:

4. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    Thanks Joe, I just heard the same from a friend, maybe I'll look for somewhere else up north that is not so crowded. If that's possible!!
    Maybe I shoud just stick with the private land I have around St. Louis.

5. Hagemaster

Hagemaster New Member

State:
    OKC
    Found you on here through Google! Crazy!

-Brother

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Luke.

7. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    If you want to pay there are several leases in NE missouri right now on craig'slist.

Good luck to ya!

8. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    Yea, I bet there are, I have heard those guys are really trying to get people on their properties. You could probably go up there and talk to some farmers and throw them $100 for the weekend