Reasons for returning

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bmaultbay, May 13, 2006.

1. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Just wondering what your reason may be for returning to the BOC web site every night. I am addicted myself. I was introduced to this site by my friend pursuingcats, Pat. I am here every night. I see the same screen names, everynight. So I know that I am not alone, when I say this is a site of friendship and a place to share knowledge and experiences. I have shared a few of mine in the last couple of months, and I have heard a few of yours. What makes you return to the BOC?

2. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like it because it provides an escape from the daily grind and everyone seems to be good people. The chat room is great and I like a good conversation with people with the same interests that I have.

D

3. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    I love it because it is the place I can go and find some good information on a subject that I love. Meet people and share ideas make new and renew old friends. And enjoy conversations with some of the most interesting people that you could imagion. I found a guy tonight that has trodded some of the same ground I once was on, in a far off land. Also where else can you go and have this much fun and not cost you an arm and a leg! NOWHERE BUT THE BOC!

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I too am on this site every night. It's going to piss my woman off pretty soon. :lol: There are a few reasons I come to the site all the time though. I'd say 25% is just learning from all the great fisherman on here. 50% just to hear the stories people tell. That's one of the really great things about this site, it's a fishing site, true, but it is really kinda of a life site. Between the nearly 6000 members, it would be hard to ask a question that couldn't be answered. That includes any problem you might have regardless of fishing. It's more about freindships here. Brotherhood is a great word for it. The other 25% would have to go to trying to teach everyone else what I have learned over the years. I'm just 26 years old. I've catfished for around 20 years now, it doesn't at all make me a pro, but I do have a lot I could show other people.

5. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I feel honored.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    john you said a mouth full there.
    i too seem to be addicted .
    i come here for the same reasons stated above and i feel i am
    learning more and feeling more confident on landing bigger cats now
    more than ever.
    when we moved over from the other site and i couldnt log on i was so upset my wife said i needed to calm down !!!!!
    she said my god you act like your addicted LMAO

well duh i guess i am:embarassed:

i almost needed to be shot with a tranquilizer dart :tounge_out:

7. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    I only come here to see what DRC is going to say (and get hammered for) next... LOL

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    well mike i'm glad to be able to provide an economical form of
    entertainment:tounge_out: .

someone has to take one or ten for the team:smile2:

9. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Guys,
    I think I understand why we all spend so much time here and I'll try to sum it up.

Catfisherman are for some reason, out cast of the fishing world. We don't usually drive 40,000 dollar trucks and have matching 30,000 dollar flashy boats. We don't think we have to have 300 dollar reels and 500 dollar rods. We don't spend 1,000's of dollars on gimmic baits to attempt to catch a 10lb fish. We understand the real honest fisherman is one who can appreciat the simplicity of hunting and catching a real trophy fresh water fish, or simply be happy catching a nice mess of eater sized fish. We enjoy gather, catching, or growing our own bait. Or, we like mixing and making our own bait. Or we enjoy experimenting with different chums, baits, or techniques. To put in very simple terms, we are comfortable with what we are, what we do, and who we share information with. Therefore, we are attracted to this site because we do enjoy the comfort of being with folks who feel and think like we do. From the guys that are blessed with living close to the Mississippi, Ohio, Cumberland, Arkansas, or Tennessee rivers. To those of us blessed to live near the countless mid-sized and smaller rivers. To those of us blessed to live near LOZ, Trumane, Greers Frerry, or any of the hunderds of man made lakes. We all have one thing in common that draws us together. WE LOVE CATCHING CATFISH and TALKING ABOUT CATFISH!!!!! Sharing ideas. Asking questions. Learning new information. Learning about new baits or equipment. Learning how to read a depth finder better. Repairing our own outboards and boats. Gigging each other when we encounter the ole skunk. Congratulating each other on successful trips. Praying for each other in times of trouble or concern. Teaching the younger or new members of our wonderful sport and basics and starting them on the road to success. Yes, we are brothers. Yes we long to meet one another as so many have done. This is a brohterhood of outcast fisherman that are comfortable with what we are. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!:smile2:

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I too, feel like John. I don't have a lot of local friends but feel like I have lots of friends here on BOC! Also, I've learned from the fine folks on BOC.
    :smile2:

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Originally I came here for the knowledge of those more experienced than myself. Now I'm addicted. Besides I get to catch all these big cats vicariously
    Adverb: vicariously
    Indirectly, as, by, or through a substitute.

I'm a senior citizen and I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer.

12. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Some people are addicted to drugs other to smokes others to drink, Most of us I think are addicted catfishing and the fun we all have fishing together on the web. It is a GREAT THING and I'm glad all of you guys let me be apart of it!!!!!!!!!

13. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

14. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I came to conquer with all my knowledge, but was quickly conquered with the knowledge I found on here. I come every day sometimes several times a day and night to read. I don't like TV so when I am trapped in the house I have someplace to escape to. So far the brothers I have met are really good people so I would like to meet even more. If my truck will quit breaking down I may even get to go to the National Gathering. Seems as soon as I save a bit a lot has to go out. It's still a long way off so I have never and will never give up the thought of getting to show up. I am deffinetly attached to this site and love the brothers and sisters on here.

15. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I come here as much as possible because it is a place where friends are around all the time. Everyone pretty much sumed up all the reasons, friendship, brotherhood and fishing. I get on here before work, during work and everynight. I am addicted and I can say this is the best addiction to have. It is a place to vent your frustations and talk about personal issues and you know you will get an honest answer or opininon whether you want it or not. I Love this site and I am glad to be a part of this wonderful Site.

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm addicted. It beats watching tv, and I have learned tons of stuff from being on here. BOC is a combo that is pretty hard to beat.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with all you.Its a wealth of information,friends,humor,useless info,and if i'm not out fishing i'd rather be here.

18. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    IIIII LLLIIKKE IITT.. OH ineedd myy BOC fix. Everytime I would think of something to say, I'd read it in the next post. Nowhere else are the words taken out of my mouth like this site. The members i have had the privilage to meet and fish with in person have all been some of the best people i have ever met. I am and have been a member of quite a few organization in my life lodges, clubs, unions, churches, schools and extended families. I feel at home here with my brothers and sisters of the BOC. It seems to me that we like to help each other out. NO questions asked or ridicule for asking. You get an honest answer to an honest question. so I say
    THANK YOU TO ALL that visit us.
    Come on in ,have a cup of coffee, sit down, relax, take a load off, and enjoy.
    OOps I guess i did find somethings to say.

19. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I come for all the reasons previously mentioned this is a great bunch of guys and gals and cant wait to get to ill. to meet more and get to fish new waters.

20. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Arkie55, You sir made a great post!

I met a guy on the lake yesterday and was trying to explain the BOC to him and he was not at all familiar with computers or the internet. I related the Brotherhood to the Citizen Band radio craze of the 70's but without a limit on the distance we can communicate. I'd never thought of it like that before but it's right. He was able to understand it a little better and agreed that it sounded like fun.

Why do we come back? That's simple, we come back because we enjoy it.

ST

and yeah, we are addicted:cool2: