Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....The only other mod that I have been thinking of doing this spring was extending my rear platform to cover the battery/fuel tank area. I have a pedastol but that gives me very little standing room. I have been looking at alot of boat mod sites and I'm sure that I can do it with 1" aluminum L brackets and a piece of plywood with hinges. It looks like most everyone does this in their conversions but I'm a little concerned about fumes, etc....I suppost that I could place a 2" flush mounted vent in each corner to supplement air flow. I haven't seen this in any plans, but it seems to me that it would keep the fumes from building up? Any thoughts if this would be safe?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I think it would be safe, but that wouldn't keep me from being a little bit nervous about it.

Instead of a solid piece of plywood, consider using 1x4 or 1x6 western red cedar, and leaving a gap between the boards, like you would for a deck. Do it right, and it will look pretty cool. You could also use that new composite decking, instead of the cedar.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is a portable tank....didn't realize they had vent kits but I'll look into it. If that's the case though, problem solved. It's just a 14' Jon and I'm trying to get all of the usable floor space that I can. Thanks everyone for you're thoughts and opinions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.