Really hot weather coming

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Jul 25, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    They are fore casting anywhere from 100 to 104 degrees here this weekend.

I'm sure it will be just as hot or hotter in a lot of places all over the country this weekend.

Just remember if you go out fishing take plenty of water with you. Drink more water than other drinks it is better for you than anything else you can drink. One gatorade or powerade every now and then won't hurt either but don't just drink those and not water they can have an adverse affect on you if you don't drink water along with the energy drinks.

Don't forget the sunscreen. To keep from getting sunscreen on your hands and passing along the scent get a spray on type.

Wear a straw hat. Straw hats are cooler than fabric ball caps or any other fabric type of hat.

just though I would pass along some of these tips.

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Supposed to be real hot here too.. was not cool today by any stretch of the imagination! My A/C has not cut off hardly this afternoon and I seldom even turn it on till 11 or so. I did leave it off for a while but I was scared to leave it off very long, cuz I knew I'd do more harm than good that way! WHEEWWWW and John says he's going fishing tomorrow...I can't go cuz of the sun but I tell ya this fall I'll go every time I can. I am doing more and more school stuff every day or two so I don't have to do all that during the year. :cool2:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I feel for yall in areas of high humidity with that kind of heat,We normally have under 20% this morning the temp was 79 at 7 AM and hum. was 74% Thought I woke up in Eastern OK.:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Why don't y'all come down here to where God spends his summers...Nice breeze and high 80's off shore...Gotta love FLORIDA !!!:roll_eyes: PS, HE spends winters here too...35 degrees is a REALLY cold day...I was raised in southern Indiana, left as soon as I could and ain't going back..

5. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    here is a real story, as some of you who know me know that i am a professional photographer, the studio i work for open a studio in Las Vegas, I was asked to go and set things up and get studio ready for the Vegas Market, To make a long story, It was summer in Vegas, Hot- real HOt! i was sitting and working on the A-frame (power supply for the lights) I worked on it for like 3 hours but in the dry heat i got dehydrated to a point that i got sick for 3 day after, The point is even though your sitting and not doing much keep the fluids up, when you get dehydrated it hits hard and takes time to recover. now when i'm out i keep the water at hand all the time.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive been here 13 years and still not use to it.

7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Gonna get hot? We been knocking triple digits for about 3 months now. My A/C ain't cut off since about March. We did get some rain over the past 2 days, spin off from hurricane Dolly. Gosh, it's not even August yet.

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    yeah that's skeeeery isn't it domino???? August is our HOT month and we aren't there yet!!! oh lord.

I know a lot of people like drinkin them cold beers in the summer but I swear it's the worst thing you can do in the heat! Its a diuretic and it will dehydrate ya quck. My whole family loved that beer. I hate it! LOL... I always was a little strange and unusual!:cool2:

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This time of the year I get my daily 3 mile walk in before sunup. But still come in soaked with sweat.

Today suppose to be 97. Heat index values around 102 in the afternoon.

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    With the fore cast hi of 104 tomorrow and with the humidity level of 97 to 100 % I don't even want to think what the heat index will be here tomorrow.

Anyone got a environmental suit with an a/c pack on it.:eek:oooh::wink::cool2:

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I don't know what impresses me more the 97 degree heat or the 3 mile walk before sunup.

I can barely pee before sunup:wink::smile2:

12. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm with you, Olefin you are one tough dog....

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here in Afghanistan, we call that a cool spell.......Was in a place call Bala Balouk, the first week in April, doing some installs and in the tent we were sleeping in it was 109 degrees, dont know what it was outside. I worked in Jalalabad and it hit 135 degrees....

Water is a must here, I got dehydrated once, and believe me it is no fun. So be careful......

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have buddies over there, they said it is a he11ish place. The heat is unrelenting and constant

15. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It is, there is absolutely no moisture in the air. I have been over here 2 1/2 years, and I have saw it rain 4 times. That type of heat will zap you quick. While I am on site working in the summer time, I try and drink 4 bottles of water an hour, one every 15 minutes. When I first got out here, I got dehydrated, and that is no fun. It is either drink water, or get an IV.

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think the heat warning should be back on top. Good luck to those who work in it.

I had a couple heat strokes in past few years. Landed me in hospital for over a week. One almost took me out for good. Doing them jobs some want do. I the guy who done that all my life. LOL.

After that, I had a real stroke. Since then, I got to be careful when working in heat. Anyway. I've been helping a friend past couple weeks. Pushing my luck in the sun. 105 - 110 heat index . Aint good in my area expecally when Humid is up.
    I was in the middle of a field couple days ago . Hat and water didn't help. Thats when the heat hit me. I was by myself at the time.
    Thought I was going down for the count. Could not even see for a few minutes to work my cell phone. I called wife told her if she didn't hear from me in 15-20 minutes, come get me. I was so dang hot and in pain from surgeries , had stop sweating, I got back in my truck and the cold AC actually hurt blowing on me. I was drinking water and eating fruit trying to re coup. Didnt think i could drive home.
    I finally made it home. If I had gotten pulled over, they would have thought I was messed up on something. Laid in bed rest all day and next day. read some on BOC . Went back out Friday, all was OK till last night. It hit me again. .been in an out today, cant stand in heat very long. I'm sick to stomach, head hurts, shaking some, trying to get right again.
    Thinking bout calling my Doctor but he will say go to ER which I aint cause of long wait and it will cost bout 2 to 5 K. I'll bite on a nail and see what happens.
    Y'all, young and old be careful in the heat coming up this month. you think its all going good and next thing you know, your out like a lite.

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    guys thy aint kiding bout being careful.i went fishing this morning and even siting on the river bank under a shade tree by 11 am i was soaked with sweat.on the way home i had a flat,thanks to some sob who scatered roofing materials and tacks on the road,and didnt have a jack.i walked bout a mile to a phone and called my wife and by the time she got here and i got the tire changed i was seeing spots and had a bad head ache.be careful and stay alive.