Reality Check

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Aug 8, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ever go fishin with your kids or friend/s and no one cracks a joke or tells a story to make ya smile or not have a pleasent conversation or two
    about anything?

if i went fishing and one or all of these things didnt happen i would guess
    that i had a pretty miserable trip.
    fishing to me anyway is about haveing fun doin something you enjoy doing
    either alone or with someone that you like to have in your midst.

being with someone and shareing a smile inflecting story or good natured
    banter is something i enjoy.

lifes too short to be so serious and uptight .

the threads on here are once again called into question .
    once again some of us aint doin it right ........
    when someone figures out the definition of right let me know.

seems like some of the brotherhood think that the threads should be nothing but all fishing maybe even catfishing only.

well let me assure you that when i fish i do fish for catfish and i also fish for bait and bass (no jw it aint the same) .
    yesterday i caught a skippy in the mississippi and cut it up and caught the 7.5#channel in my avatar i tried for over an hour to catch that dern bait on wax worms on ultralite tackle in a fast moveing river and persistance paid off !!!!
    i then had the good fortune and one hell of a good time casting and recasting until i finally added enough weight to get my bait down where i wanted it and managed to land this one which i released .
    during this 3 hours we were there i had fun and my son and brotherinlaw talked a while and we bantered a little and took pictures and had a good time. we learned and taught and had fun.
    the boc is an avenue for some of us that cant get out to the river,lake,or stream all the time and with the great knowledge on here for us to use we also have the friendly banter and stories and cutting up that i am sure
    most of us would enjoy while we were on the water.
    so this is just a reminder that even in fishing there are other things besides
    hooks and bait and gear that go along hand in hand and side beside fishtalk .

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You're a good man and your point is well taken.

Take care Darryl.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Darryl I here ya man the easy going demeaner that I have on this site is the same atitude I carry while fishing. If Im fishing with a friend I want to enjoy the company as much as the fishing. Ill keep the serious fishing atitude for when its just me and my prey. Cause then the only thing I focus on is fishin and thats it

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I agree would rep you but have spread some around.

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You couldn't be more right!

6. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    The only thing I can say is Thank you! & Reps to you!
    Lisa

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The main fish i go for is cats. But i do go at times and just catch whatever i can just to get out. Love taking my family and friends! Always a good time!!

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    John, copycat says you have to as well! LOL!

As all of us here in New Jersey know very well, a good sense of humor is a matter of survival! LOL

9. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I've been fishing for over 50 years and the best times I 've had was not because of the fish but the fellowship with those I was with. We talked about so many things but yes fishing was what brought us together for the day or evening but we actually talked very little about fishing. Fishing is something we do, not so much something we talk about.

10. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks, DRC. I wish I had more time to get on the river with my husband (vlparrish). That's usually when we take the time to relax and enjoy each other's company. I like to catch fish, but spending the time together and with our kids is worth coming home empty-handed. As for joking around--I think I'd die if I couldn't joke around. I'm a pretty big ham. lol

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man, I cant agree w/ you more. If I didnt crack up, act goofy & nuts, then I;d be one mean piece of crrappppppp, or ever how Arlington says it! :big_smile:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wait I have to go & take something back.... BAIT & BASS ARE THE SAME! :big_smile: :lol: (Oh man I just goofed off, sorry)

13. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    There is more to fishing than just catching fish. I enjoy being out there and relaxing. If I miss a bite because I,m watching a squirrel or a deer by the water, thats ok,it's part of the experience. In the bayou I fish the spoonbill [paddlefish] jump staight up outof the water all day long. Don't know why, but it's kinda neat to see. Whether I catch fish or not I have to have fun while I am trying. Life is to short. grizzly

14. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Darryl,

YOU NAILED IT!!!!

reps for ya bro.