Reality check

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I stopped at a fast food hamburger place the other day.This place I would rate right below McDonalds.As I was sitting at the drive thru window waiting on my order I noticed a couple that had walked in.Of course you need to understand I do not have money but I fish and hunt when I want to and usually eat better then what this place has to offer.Believe me it is a real cheap place and it was late so I just wanted to grab a burger.Any way this couple that had walked in was dressed like I use to dress right after I got married and we couldn't afored to buy burger in the super market.Most of our meals were made with chicken because it was cheaper.Any way as I am looking at this young lady and man,she had a big smile on her face as if this was the greatest thing that they had done this month.It made me think about how it was when I was young and the hard times my wife and I had.Tears fell from my eyes looking at how happy they were.I would like to buy a new boat and can,t and I was a little disappointed while this couple is very happy buying a $1.00 hamburger.It made me really realize there is alot of couples out there going through what I went through 30 years ago.Any way this is just something I noticed and wanted to share.When you are thinking about your hard times look around,there is always someone having a harder time.:smile2:
    God bless all of you Brothers and sisters..
    Sorry for the rambling on...

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    A great post, Buddy!

Money is just another material possession. We came in this world without it and will leave without it. The little things in life are what matter.

Hug Roxie for me.

Take care.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey it might not have been the hamburger they where happy over. i think i rememeber a time when food was not important. been a while but.... well good post i get the point.

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Man I can relate to that. Wasnt that long ago for me heh
    When my Wife and I first started out, we lived in a rented Trailor. We needed a new Tire for the car, was a 4-5 month ordeal of swapping what bills got paid. Going to Micky D's WAS a special treat for us heh..
    I'm a soda junky, and at the time my wife asked me "How much are those soda's in the machine at your work?" ... Told her $.35 .. From then on I got $.70 a day with my packed lunch LOL .....
    I will say this though, we didnt carry much debt. She wouldnt allow it heh. If we didnt have the money for something, we saved for it. I had alot of friends that went out and bought all new stuff (furniture, tv's, steros, etc) and was filing bankrupcy with 2 years...

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good post brother, makes ya sit and think. There is always someone worse off they you.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Very good post! I'm disabled because of my neck and back but when I think about it,I'm not paralyzed and still have use of my extremities.There are a lot of people that are a LOT worse off than I am.I thank God every day for what I do have!!!

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good post, Buddy. I think most of us start out like that. I remember one Christmas, my wife gave me a set of windshield wiper blades and 5 quarts of oil..:big_smile: It helps make us who we are...

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Some just have more material than others...:lol:

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I couldn't agree more. That is beautiful.

10. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Money to me is just a tool and like any tool it can be used for the wrong reason or on wrong things. I can remember like many of you wondering where I was going to get money to pay my bills but things always worked out and now at this stage in life I sometimes still wonder but have more money than I use to. I think we probably put to much on the money part and not on the relationship part with other people. Have found when I have good relationships with others my needs are always met. It's the LOVE of money rather rthan than LOVE of people that is the ROOT of all evil.
    From a note to a novel!!!

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    That brought back memories of when my wife and I were 1st married 30 years ago. Great post!
    Bill

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I may not always had what I wanted.I have always had what I needed and far more.I have even gained much new fishing gear to piddle with,because of the people that love me,after I got to where I could not afford it.All of my life,I and many other men made the statement that"I would rather be dead than not be able to ____ __ ___."Well,I have got to that point in life.I feel the same,but I ain;t dead."Yet."I don;t even know why I ain;t dead.I do know that I have it so good compared to so many,right here on the BOC.Many are far worse off physically and heath wise than I am.Many others have been through such tragedies with family and loved ones.I have no idea where you got the strength to handle it,unless you turned it all over to God.I cain;t even handle stress or emotion now.A call for prayer or a picture of one of you hugging a happy child,and I choke.I have all kind of thoughts in my mind,but I can;t get them out.I can choke like this on happy or sad.The weird thing is that I can even physically choke,and or lose control of my body.I can stay off my medicines and almost go to normal with this.I answer a thread because it sparks a memory and what comes,just comes on it,s own.I ain;t so bad right now,as I have been off my medicine about 24 hours so that I can be alone while my wife is mowing.I do know that you people on here have been a miracle in my life.I did not even know that I needed you till God sent all of you to me.I do thank you all.I know how wonderful my life is and has been.peewee-williams

13. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I couldn't even catch that,I had to borrow it from my grandaughter..LOL
    You need to read my avatar thread brother...:lol: