Realfoot Lake

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by basstracker 1, Feb 26, 2007.

1. basstracker 1

basstracker 1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey fellas im headin to realfoot march 9.was wonderin if any yall been there.any help greatly appreciated.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I used to fish there every year for 4 or 5 days. I would recommend starting out fishing shallow structure with minnows or jigs under a slipfloat in the middle basin. At Reelfoot, there could be structure in 3 feet of water in the middle of the lake. The deepest parts of the lake that I found were about 18 feet deep. If that doesn't work, troll or drift till you find them. At Reelfoot it may take some time to find them. Once you do, you can really tear 'em up. Good luck!

3. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used to fish reelfoot pretty often but have not been there in about 8 years. One thing is if you are taking your boat take it slow. Reelfoot is full of stumps that are just under the surface. I've never put my boat on it and not sure if I ever will. If you are staying at one of the resorts you could get a package deal through them that includes boat and bait. If I can remember right most of the boat have 8 or 9 horse motors. Plenty enough to get you around the lake. Good luck.

4. basstracker 1

basstracker 1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    well guys made it back and we sure had a good time,even caught some fish[​IMG]

5. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    man!!! those are some nice fish.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

7. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Nice fish basstracker. I am heading up there this weekend. What part of the lake did you catch them on?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dan looks like you had a successful trip. Nice bunch of fish. Do they still use the rear shaft lawnmore engines? It has been a few years since I was there. Thanks for sharing the pics.:smile2:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  10. basstracker 1

basstracker 1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey pudddy we were fishin towards the what i call the deep end.we were drifting in about 8' of water if we drifted into deeper water they quit biting.water was 52 degrees so i would say they are definately hitting now.good luck bro

11. basstracker 1

basstracker 1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey mickey i did notice some funny lookin motor's now that you mention it.probably what you are talking about.