Real WEIRD

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Aug 6, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Yesterday I was cleaning a paintroller pad out in a 5 gallon bucket using water and after the first washing I dumped the paint/water onto the grass and started to fill the bucket back up, when all of a sudden worms started flying (well almost flying) out of the ground like they were on fire.

Squirming trying to get away from something that was in that paint, only thing I can figure is that theres amonia in our paint, its a drying agent and that irritated the heck out of those worms.

There were about 20 or so worms in a 3 x 3 foot area, healthy worms too:big_smile: wish i had my camcorder at the time I may try it again and get some video of it tomorrow for you guys to see....

2. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    You should do some experiments with this. You may have discovered a revolutionary technique for bait gathering. :big_smile:
    I can see it-

Brother Vinni's Secret Worm Formula
    Comes in several colors to match your lawn
    $10 a gallon

Or maybe you will get a big EPA fine for groundwater pollution...

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    LoL Steve with my luck it will be the later and a $10,000 fine:crazy:

4. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I have seen this happen. A friend of mine is a Painter and he washes his buckets and brushes and rollers out. The worms litterally jump out of the ground. it is amazin.

5. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
  6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Steve those worms were just crawling, mine were running for there lives it seemed I could barely catch them but thats probably alot less harmful then what I was pooring on them :crazy:

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I have some amonia i'm going to mix some with water and see if that was what made them come up like they did if not time to mix some paint up again:big_smile:

8. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    won't that kill the grass? lol

9. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I rent grass is'nt mine:haha: