real trouble

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slikk03, Jan 10, 2010.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i posted about how im unable to take my baitcasters aprart, and i cant find or pay anybody to do it, im just plum broke, is their anyway i can halfway clean and oil em up without taking em apart??? taking them apart is just not an option for me right now, i cant do it, and no bodey around here can do it and even if they could i cant pay them,all tips are greatly apprecieated

2. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    I've got a link in my favorites that explains step by step how to take them apart clean and grease them (6500's 6000's etc...) And it's got great pics to go along with the steps. The guys not trying to sell anything just got alot of good info on his site lemme find the link and I'll post it for you.
    FOUND IT : www.............../reelcleaning/index.html

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dont take them apart, I have been using a few abu's for over 12 years and they have never been taken apart, still work just fine.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Dont em apart, I try it to my Abu 6000 and it did not work, I had to end letting someone else fix it.

5. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Just go here and look around it will show you how. Reel Repair and Upgrades it is down the main page. Once you do one it is not hard to do it again. I do mine before spring so they are ready for the year. But if I get sand or some thing in them I will clean them then.