Real Men's Quiche

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Catgirl, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Okay, so it's actually called Hearty Sausage Quiche.....but real reel men DO eat it :cool2:. I WOULD suggest eating this only occasionally however, unless you want your cholesterol and triglycerides to jump sky high :wink:.

1 pie crust (refrigerated, frozen, or homemade)
    1 lb. hot pork sausage
    1/3 cup chopped green pepper
    1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
    1/3 cup chopped onion
    1 (3-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
    5 eggs
    1/2 cup half and half
    1 cup (4-oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1 cup (4-oz) shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    dash of ground nutmeg

Prepare and bake pie crust according to package directions for an unfilled one-crust pie.

Cook and crumble sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat for approximately 3 minutes. Add onions and peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes more or until sausage is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Drain well and set aside. (To cut a bit of fat, I normally finish cooking the sausage, drain/remove/wipe skillet; then saute the veggies in cooking spray until tender.)

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs and half and half. Stir in the cheeses, pepper, nutmeg and sausage/veggie mixture.

Pour into baked crust. Bake 35-40 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never had the chance to try Quiche but it don't sound bad [cept the high chol] it looks like its very rich .

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Looks plumb yummy! I'll just take a couple of extra pills for the triglicerides and cholesterol.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Yes, it sounds quite delicious.
    Real men do eat quiche but only if it is full of really bad things and weighs about 5lbs. This one appears to meet those criteria :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:
    ...W

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i like quiche. i like quiche with conecuh sausage/ or venison summer sausage.

but, i really like when my aunt suzy makes a crab meat and shrimp quiche. Amy makes a pretty good crawfish tail quiche too.

but the real dinamo! crabmeat-and conecuh sausage quiche! thats the killer. but, it takes forever to clean enough crabs for a big quiche. so we only make it every now and then.