real good practice

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by switchback, Sep 14, 2008.

1. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yesterday me and my best friend and hunting partener went to Rend Lake Sporting goods ( a local fishing/hunting shop) and shot the 3d screen for an hour and 15 minutes. I know that you should only shoot a few arrows at a time but we did not start showing any bad habits and both shot well. Of coarse it was more than practice and became a compitition which im sorry to say i lost but he has a few years bow hunting experiance on me so i was glad just to close in score. Definately better than shooting the target in the front yard thats for sure.:big_smile:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im new to this as you know, Im getting itchy just to shoot. :wink:

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i havent bow hunted in a few years but im about ready to get back at it!!

4. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I tell you guys this if you have one of the screens in your area to me its the best practice you can get. It offers everything from walking shots to just barely gettinga shot because of a tree. Almost like the real thing

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    We used to have a video archery screen in the town I live in, until some dumb idiot decided to use a broadhead and shot a hole through the screen and the Kevlar backstop. That ended the fun! I remember shooting the different scenarios like the whitetail hunt, africa big game hunt, elk and many others. It's awesome! If you have video archery near you, I insist that you give it a try. Great practice and gives the archer the opportunity to shoot year round.:wink::big_smile:

6. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah i hear you a guy shot one of the ones around here with a broadhead to the shop owner kept his bow till he payed for the $1000 patch. There was a sign up right before you go into that area posting the fine, and stating that if you do it once your banned for life. Well needless to say there are now four patches on it and it no longer works so there is only one in my area now that i know of luckily it is still about a half an hour drive. For 6 bucks for half an hour and 8 for an hour its not a bad trip, and very fun. With a friend it gets really competitive though

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sounds like a blast, I will have to look one up in my neck of the woods