real fish story

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by trctrdr, Sep 20, 2009.

1. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went to the lake the other night, tossed out a few gills, the last cast of four I got a little backlash on the way out and off came my bluegill. So, I worked out the backlash and started to reel it back to rebait, you guessed it, snagged, pulled real hard and great it came loose. It felt like there was something on there and when I got it in there was a nice shad neatly hooked right through the head, so I said COOL and flipped him right back out. Wish I could say I caught a nice flat on him but no such luck. That would really be a fish story.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the fish story Mark:wink:

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You been watchin' me?:smile2:

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thats pretty cool thanks for the post.

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    to make it even more crazy, it would of been wild if,while you were reeling it in a nice flat or blue jumped on and you kept your bait on:crazy::cool2:

6. Arkatoothis

Arkatoothis New Member

State:
    WV
    In an area near my house we have a sewage treatment spillway that drains into a creek which then drains to the Ohio river about an 1/8th of a mile downstream. Anyway at the (poopy pond we called it as kids lol) we used to take a bare 2/0 hook and cast into the seamingly billions of shad in the water and snag em reel em in and cast them back out. You could catch every fish in the book in one evening of doing that and every now and then catch a breeder shad (10-12 inches) and use it for cut bait for hours or slap a sinker on your line and aim for the bigguns... Those were the days.

7. rustystinkbaitrules

rustystinkbaitrules New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was fishing off a pier at Lake Wylie and didnt have rod holders so i would cast and lay the rod on the pier and tighten the line. well i hadnt got a bite for about 20 minutes so i wasnt paying attention to the rod and all of a sudden i heard the rod scraping against the pier and flying off into the lake. two years later i was in the same spot fishing and i was realing in my line to check my bait and it was my rod that i last 2 years earlier except it had crap growing on it.