Ready

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am so ready to hear those wings over the dekes. Here in MO I only have like 3 more weeks til teal season. I don't know what it is but the hunting season is my favorite time of the year. I hope everyone has a great and safe year in every sort of hunting you do.:smile2:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    It starts sept 1st here in pa. I'd like to learn but I have no one to learn from in my area of eastern PA. Im not making the investment of decoys and calls if Im not going to enjoy it.

3. grinnel

grinnel New Member

State:
    Pool 25, Mississippi MO
    our club picked up about a dozen big ducks and 4 or 5 dozen teal over the weekend. Cain't come soon enough....

grinnel

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    You would love it plus, it don't take much. 1/2 doz mallard dekes and some bugspray and you have it covered. Teal don't take much to get in and some hen mallard dekes are all most people use. I have a teal call but that just so I feel like I am doing something:wink:

5. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm getting ready.

Lined uped for the power washer. Then bagged and readt for the trailer.

Attached Files:

6. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Ready for deployment. Season can't get here fast enough.

Attached Files:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Tim that is a sweet spread. Are those GHG dekes? That will get them honkers going:smile2:.

8. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks Mi11er. The ducks are GHG. The geese are GHG, Big Foots, Hardcores, and Higdons. I like using several brands to get more poses.

9. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim

Seeing all those decoys sure brings back a lot of good memories.

Thanks

10. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm sorry. Where did we hunt at? I can't picture who you are.

11. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Been ready since it went out. Fixing to get the blind ready for the boat and check all my dekes this weekend.Just need some cool weather here in NC to really set the mood :big_smile_2:

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Starts this morning. I am heading out the door to a spot 10 minutes from my house. About 50 have been coming in every morning. Let it begin!!!!

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    How did ya do? The MO season dose not start for a month almost:sad2:

14. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We killed 5 geese opening day. Which is better than I thought we would do. I followed the geese to a field which the farmer wouldn't let us hunt. They overflew one of my fields real low....so, we got in there and ran some traffic on them. The first group skirted the dekes but the second flock of 8 committed nice. 5 stayed. We then had a decent dove shoot in the same field. Overall, it was pretty good day. It wasn't the limits that we are used to on opening day..but, we had fun firing the guns again.

I don't know how you guys teal hunt in this heat...I can't stand putting on the waders when it's this hot out...

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sounds like you had a great hunt. I use hip boots when teal hunting, your right there is no way I would be out there in 1600 gram 5mm waders. Even though it would be a great way to shed some pounds:wink: