Ready for Turkey season?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by onlyone, Mar 24, 2006.

1. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Is everyone ready for turkey season?? I am trying to get our land ready--clearing out brush, putting out corn, trail cameras, etc. Here in Eastern Kansas, it starts April 12 this year. I have never tried befor, but I think Im going to try to video tape it this year, may even go with a bow:rolleyes:. When does it start in "your neck of the woods"?

2. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I'm ready i leave friday for a two day hunt turkey hunt in TN..The NWTF wheeling sportsmen are putting it on... it comes in ky april 15 i have a bird or 2 spoted its still cool here so the hens are still bunched up i hope by the 15 they will be ready...... good luck on your hunt :)

3. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I got a permit for the last week in April this year. I live next to big acreage of public hunting ground in SE Wisconsin and they planted some nice few plots of corn last season. Should be good this year. Our turkey populations have been pretty consistent in my area the last few years. Gonna set up my blind and try to get one with my trusty 870 pump.

4. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We start April 15, can't wait to get out there!

5. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    yep thats the same for us
    this will be my first year that i go turkey hunting and i cant wait till i go
    its going to be a blast

6. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    april 11th here in north zone of illinois
    cant wait this is my first year

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Here in Michigan it starts the 17th of april, and beleive me I'm ready!
    Sparky

8. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    April 10th sarts first season here in Iowa. I took a vacation day so to hit opening day. It has been cold here and snow so they are still flocked up. Sat in my pickup and watched well over a 100 this evening.
    Tight Lines
    Sanny J

9. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Seems I have to wait longer than any of you. Does not open here in MO until the 24th of April. Can hardly wait, may have to make a trip over the state line to Kansas next week.

10. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Sorry to hear that. I'll think of you while Im out hunting them next Wed. morning.:)

11. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am offically ready to go, the youth season ended today, and I was fortunate enough to guide two youngsters to there first birds. Saturday was awsome birds gobbling everywhere and had a heavy 2 year old slip in on us. 8 O'clock and we were done for the day a 9" beard with 3/4" spurs weighed in at 24 1/2 pounds. Sunday was COLD and the birds were not gobbling near as well but the were roosted within sight. The dominant bird dropped down at quarter after 6 and strutted right into the decoy set. 25 minutes later and we were admining a nice 4 year old bird. Only an 8 1/2 beard and 22 1/2 pounds but had nice 1 1/4 hooks. This was on a managed hunt put on by MDC. Had a blast literally.