Re: Trash On The Island At Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Cat Hunter, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The thread that Cat Lady posted is very true. We were disgusted to find the very same spot that we had cleaned 2 wks earlier was trashed again. The only reason that I am posting a new thread on this is because that we called the DNR. The lady there gave me a # to the dispatch room directly. I was afraid that this would get lost in the other thread and not be as effective as a new thread. The # is 803-955-4000. The lady said that littering on the islands and on the water carries a $500 fine. I would like to encourage everyone to be on the look out for these violators and use the number to report them as it happens. This # will work well on those idiots on the skis and tubes too!!!!! I have also included some pics of the mess.

Attached Files:

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    glad there are still good folks like yourselves that give a crap cause it seems like the idiots far out wiegh the good people anymore...thanks for the number i wrote it down and am going to keep it in my wallet.

3. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    too bad they didn't leave something with their name on it.

4. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My dream is for somebody to be that stupid tnfishman.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If this is a constant problem why not take some drastic action. Perhaps some well plced traps and various pittfalls as a special surprise for thier drunk useless no reason to live butts. A well thought out covert operation with no prisoners and maximum effect would be ideal. I'm in! LOL!

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I put the number in my cell phone for uses later. When I leave the lake my boat has cans, bottles and wrappers all over the floor so I pull up to the trash cans to unload it.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Randy, thanks for taking the time to clean up, and for posting the phone#. It would be great to be able to get some pictures of the slobs that make those messes, and then post them someplace for everyone to see! I also believe that they should have their boats & trailers confiscated and sold at auction, proceeds going towards maintenance of lakes & campgrounds.