Re: Rotenone-Govt. policy change

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, May 25, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Reply to Olefin regarding rotenone:
    Dayton thanks to your reply to my post this morning about rotenone. Several years ago I tried to re-kill that bullhead pond with rotenone. Couldn't find it anywhere-farm stores, co-ops, internet. They either didn't sell it or wouldn't sell it to me. Finally called the state fisheries office and talked to the head honcho. Told him what I needed and he said, "No problem, we use it all the time and sell it to individuals who need it. We are out right now and will be getting in a number of 50 gallon barrels. Call in two weeks and we'll have some for you." During that conversation I tongue in cheek told him I liked to trout fish the state stocked streams. It would come in handy. Drop some of that above a pool and the trout would come to the surface like dead alewives on a beach. Absolute dead silence on the end of the phone-talk about a pregnant moment. Eventually got him to laugh at that and we hung up. Two weeks later I called the office and talked to the front girl about the rotenone. I'm sorry sir, there has been a new policy change. We are no longer selling rotenone to private individuals." End of conversation. See, you can change government policy without even having to vote!

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Haha thats awesome.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Either that, or ask, "How much of that stuff would you have to put into the city's water supply to start killing people?" I swear, our guv'mint would put a kid in jail for throwing a rock and let go terrorists with a nuclear bomb!