Raw shrimp

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by lj catman, Aug 22, 2007.

1. lj catman

lj catman New Member

State:
    la junta,colorado
    I always fish shrimp raw with nothing on it. and have o.k. luck with it but i want to inprove it and add some thing to it like garlic or what ever do guys have any ideas all help welcome

2. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've put anise on shrimp before seemed to work pretty good

3. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ive heard of people having good luck with red Kool Aid,they just put the bait in a bagg and add the Kool aid give it a good shake then let it sit in the frige over night.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
  5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Make you up a pack of cherry jello according to the directions. Then add about 2 tablespoons of garlic salt and stir untill the salt dissolves. Add the shrimp shell and all and let sit overnight. Don't put it in the fridge or the jello will solidify. This also works well with hotdogs and chicken. Killer bait for blues and channels.

Cheez

6. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I put garlic on my shrimp, put them in the fridge overnight then eat them myself and fish with cut bait :big_smile:

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Your a Kill Mike.LMAO.J.D.:wink:

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Try and use anise extract its a bit expensive but usually one bottle will last me the whole summer. ( a little goes a long way here) The kool-aid and jello tricks work also. Sometimes just plane Jane shrimp works so bring a couple of pieces of just plain shrimp also.

9. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    About a week and a half ago I had good luk on shrimp soaked in vanallia flavoring and garlic. The channel cat hit it real good untill dark.:big_smile:

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Around here guys have been tearing em up on raw shrimp soaked overnight in garlic salt.

11. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    Are you talking about grocery store shrimp???

12. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just plain or dipped in CatTracker Shimp Dip Bait. I've got a batch of shimp ready to go that has bee soaking in Vanilla Exctract. See how that goes.

13. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, I've never had really good luck with raw shrimp either. I'd rather eat it.:smile2:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use raw shrimp all the time, I just put some garlic powder on them. I just keep re freezing them, they get better with age.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have to agree with Aaron on this one. You can load a boat on this set up.:big_smile:

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have caught a few channels off raw shrimp but nothing big.:wink:

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have a couple dozen of the real big raw shrimp heads plus a few whole shrimp mixed with garlic powder, chicken liver blood and cornmeal so it kind of formed a paste. Let it sit in the sun for a while and cook. Now in the freezer, gonna try it next time out. let you know if any luck.

mike