Raw Shrimp !!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by ayokay005, Sep 1, 2006.

1. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I just got back from fishing this evening, and I wanted to share with yall the luck we had! We were using 41-50 size raw shrimp (fresh):wink:
    The cats were hitting on them all night! They were still content with night crawlers too!
    Seems like around here they like fresh bait more than stinky dough :embarassed:
    If anyone else is using raw shrimp out there, please let me know how your doing! And also which type of hook was being used!

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Shrimp has always been a good bait for cats. Glad to hear that they were biting for ya

3. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Shrimp was the only thing that saved me from the skunk Tuesday. The food stores carry packages in the frozen food section, "Bait Shrimp, Shrimp with Attitude"

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Use a Khale hook of the appropriate size to match the size of the bait.
    Shrimp is a good bait. Glad you had a good time.

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I was told by an old fisherman that any "live" bait that's NOT indigenous could spoil a fishing spot for a long time... I don't know about that, but I have never used shrimp/prawns for bait! Sounds like it works fairly well so maybe I'll give er' ago! Do you use it cooked (pink) or raw (fleshy-white)? Shell or no shell? Just curious..Didn't mean to hijack this thread...oops! LOL

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have heard from other members that shrimp will work pretty good but I have not yet tried it. Next trip I'll give it a try, they say to use raw shrimp with the shell on.

7. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    shrimp is a good bait i use a 8/0 gamakatsu .

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have tried them but don't have much luck with them. I have to be doing something wrong.
    Bill

9. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have used the raw shrimp here in mo.had alot of bites.probably small channel.

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Ive heard of this...I dont think it would work for me though. I would end up eating all the bait...I LOVE SHRIMP! LOL!

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    So it seems that its the shrimp time of the season again? I know they didn't touch it during the spawn, but its good to know that they're going after one of my favorite baits again.

12. Scott Iconelli

Scott Iconelli New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I cant lie shimp is a good bait

13. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've always used shrimp. I'll either fish it raw or let them rot a little bit.

14. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    cant beat em for channels and smaller blues shrimp and shad seam to be the best for blues and channels for bog blues and flatheads try perch or other live bait .good luck bro

15. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    had pretty good luck with shrimp this weekend . i was using raw shrimp with the shell off.4/0 j hook caught channels and 1 small blue. i start the hook through the tail and bring it out where the head would be.i don't know if that is how most people do it or not,i've seen some just hook it through the side

16. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thats how we do it does the trick.good luck