Rats 46lb Blue Catfish 7-19-09

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Here are the pics of Rats fish.

Attached Files:

2. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    :cat:Yawn!!!!!! Tell us something new. LMAO:smile2::smile2:

3. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's a nice looking fish!

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I wondered what all that ruckus was about while I was trying to get some shuteye! LOL. Yall do any good on that last spot? We were gonna stay, but I had enough, my bed was calling my name.:wink:

5. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    We went in also.

Just a heads up there is a big rock just up from that wing dike. We hit it running a fast idle and it threw me in the floor and bent the prop a little bit. I thought for a minute we were going to have to call you to come rescue us.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  6. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I don't know what rock your talking about but the river is dropping like a rock so you will be able to see it now. Nice fish bill.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That was a big ol stump we hit, one of those that is so dang water logged that it just floats under the surface of the water...couldn't have been a rock as we were in 35+ feet of water! :crazy:

It was a good evening out there with Scott! He is definitly good people! Sorry I couldn't put you on a hawg though Scott, what can I say, they just love ME!! LMAO!! :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

It was a pretty slow night though, flatty's were biting though and they were in the swift deep water! :eek:oooh: Little wierd!!

8. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    you got the touch for sure rat. it would be more interesting to see a pic of you with a fish like olejer had in that first pic kutter posted.....lol
    congrats

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Now that's a nice looking fish there!

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thats it.... I cant take it anymore.. im fishing non-stop:angry: til i get a nice fish... I hope its soon cause i only have a week of vacation left..

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Man, that sucks. Glad you guys are alright. Gary and I enjoyed fishing and shooting the sheet with you and Bill last night! :wink:
    I now have a busted trolling motor mount from the boat slamming down in the swells from that triple screw Artco barge. It was getting rough up that way. I was glad to be back toward the ramp in smoother water.
    Gary is still out there. He's using his free pass at the boat club. He said he was gonna put up his bimini, find a shady spot, set the clickers and pass out. LOL:smile2: I sent him south, hopefully he'll find a kitty or two.:wink:

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    we went out t Okl. the first of the summer, close to a Lake Hugo. Any Big Cats in that lake? If so, even though its a 17hr tripfor me, the boat will go next trip:wink:

13. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Looks like you guys had great night out.
    Okie did you get to work today on time ?:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

14. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    a week! we might have to try again willie,as long as there is no rain:roll_eyes: because im right there with you, i have been out 8 times now and been skunked by the kittys everytime. i have caught everything else in the river but catfish. maybe i need some pointers from rats little girl....lol

15. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I agree about little rat she sure can them cats, but look at who taught her RiverRat, The Man has been on some good fish lately. Alot hard work was put in.:wink:

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    LMAO!! I wouldn't call it work really as I LOVE to fish and hate to work!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

I just spend as much time on the water as I possibly can......always thinking of where the kittens might be roaming the water looking for something to eat...like last night for instance....the fish had moved from where they were the week before and I just couldn't find em......so I decided to find me a nice sand flat and threw out some bait! There they were, cruising the sandbar eating!! Just ALOT of time on the river and the process of illimination! :wink:

17. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Bill, truely you been out on the water alot this year.
    time on the water and lost of sleep. Its called enjoyment that pays off.
    I been unlucky, because i traded my boat in on a SeaArk, it hasn't arrive yet.
    So im just sitting here watching everybody catch fish.
    Give me time i'll be back on the water and also start fighting some hogs i
    hope.:roll_eyes:

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on yet ANOTHER good fish Ratman. Nice lookin one your now holding in avitar too Scott. Apparently the cold front didn't effect everyone, just ALL the folks we seen an talked to over the weekend.:smile2: I went up and fished with Brandon this weekend and we got our tails handed to us. Wasn't playin around either, prolly fished 40 of 48 hrs.:eek:oooh: That inclused nap time but bait was in the water. Great time regardless

19. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Dean
    Hugo lake is only about 15 miles from my home. There are some huge cats in that river and lake....

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    :big_smile::big_smile: