Rate your team's season

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    For those who care to rate your favorite team's season. I am sure as a fan you all would have like to see your team going all the way, but a reality check is what I am asking for here.

I will start.

My team is the Chicago Bears.
    I think the record really do not show how bad the team is, they picked up 2 W's with the Lions and it just does not get any easier than that. Last summer they let go of the 3 leaders in receiving, passing and running. Considering they had to get/develop new people in all three areas and they really don't have a decent WR I think they did ok. I don't see the being better than 0.500 team. I did not want them to make the playoff because I figure that would give them a wrong sence of accomplishment. They need better players in offence and some help on the D-line. Both the D and O-line have older players, need to eventually replace them with young blood. Orton can be a decent QB but the WR need to help him, I hope Forte (RB) was not a one year wonder. The Defence was for a number of years Hurlacker's defence, it seems to me now that Lance Briggs is the most dominant player in the defence.

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I think the GIANTS did as well as I thought they could have. Never should have lost that game to the browns, other than that I think we would have lost less than 4 games, if everyone stood healthy. I knew we could do just as good or better with out plexi glass. We have much better talent than him that needs the chance. I also read that when a team wins the Super Bowl, their schedule for the following year is usually tougher than most other teams. I also read that for that reason the GIANTS had one of the touhgest ever, not to mention that they play in the toughest division in the NFL. BOYS twice, Eagles twice, not to mention all the other teams with a winning record. I think they beat a record 7+ teams with a winning record. Even if we don't get to the Super Bowl again this year, a lot more people will RESPECT us for that.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    The up & down year that The Eagles had has lead me to grade them as just a tad above average. C- is the grade they get from me.
    Besides the blowout in Baltimore they were in every other game they lost.
    I think poor play calling cost them 5 of the 6 losses & that tie.

Sure did end the regular season with a bang though.
    It's a new season now .

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    My Chiefs get an F-. What a terrible year. Our coach says we had nine games that was decided by one score and we only won one of them. He calls it tough luck. He is clueless. He didn't mention in half them games we were up by two or more scores going into the 4th quarter. Against the Chargers we were up by 10 going into the last 5 minutes and still lost. Our defense was terrible. Our rookies were the few bright spots every now and then. None of the veterans stepped up. With a new GM and hopefully a new coach, we are looking at a couple more lean years. Parcels has an option to opt out of his deal with Miami if the team is sold to someone else. Guess what, it is in the process of being sold right now, so all we can do is hope Parcels opts out and comes to KC!

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yea, I know it was a difficult year in KC, there is always hope and next year. Parcells is definatly a winner but I am not sure he will go anywhere where he won't have total control.

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    c the Jets get a c- let the afc east slip away let the playoffs slip away

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Ya, his contract with Miami supposedly specifically states only Huizenga can be in authority over him. But Carl Peterson was the president and GM of the Chiefs, so the top job should also be open along with the GM job. We can only hope.

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :0a27:
    Based on what he has done in Miami in only one season, total control may not be a bad thing with Parcells. He has a good eye for talent.

9. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    chiefs get an f-- from me,say does anyone want to trade a bucket of bloodbait for herm? naw I guess not..bait performs a function it doesn't just sit there:roll_eyes:

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My team is the Tennessee Titans.So far I would have to give them a C If They make it to the super bowl that will be a B. To get an A they have to win the whole enchalota.
    smokey

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I know ya hate them but the COWBOYS were strong. Romo got hurt and missed a few games with a bad bad secondary QB. That killed us. See ya next year.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well I'm from the St.Louis Area but I sure ain't no Rams Fan. myself I like two teams Green Bay Packers and Ind.Colts.Packs not as much now since Favre is gone:sad2:. Now if the Rams still had Werner just maybe!!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll give Denver a BIG F!!!!! To lead the AFC West for 16 weeks in a row, only to lose the last 3 and miss the playoffs after being a virtual lock...7 RB's on IR, a Defense that hardly ever showed up...I'm ready for next season!:wink:

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Horse started off dreadful loosing 4 0f 7 but finished strong with 9 straight for a 12-4 record.

That makes in 6 years in a row with 12+ wins.

15. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    THE titans look good but im afraid we will get baltimore in our first game! i just dont know if we have enough offense, i think if we do play balt. that if we beat them we will be in the big game but it will be a nail biter

16. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Im a Panthers fan. I give them an A so far. DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith are great players and will hopefully get some recognition during the playoffs.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My Steelers finished the regular season 12-4 while facing the toughest schedule in the NFL! A+ for that accomplishment. I give the defense an A. The offense a C. Special teams - Kicking, Jeff Reed A-, Punting, Mitch Berger D+ he's been better lately, Kickoff & Punt coverage B-, Kickoff & punt returns D. I think if we can avoid turnovers in the playoffs we will be heading to Tampa Bay! :cool2:

18. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Panthers fan here.

Offense: A- The running game is right where we want it to be. Williams and Stewart are a running tandem to be reckoned with. That and an O line that Marty Hurney has invested a few draft picks into is starting to pay dividends (with all the sexiness of dazzling skill position play that we all love to see; Football, at it's core, is still about which group of guys can push the other ones around), in both the run game and pass protection. Steve Smith... 'nuff said. The only thing I took off for was because I wish we had a bit of a stronger Tight end and third reciever.

Defense: B- Early on they looked very srtong, especially in the pass game. As of lately though they have been getting picked on quite a bit, and in areas I would've never expected. Ken Lucas, for instance, has been burned a few times in the past couple of games. The tackling in the Giants game was atrocious, and I just can't give high marks to a defense that gives up a two point conversion when the game is on the line. Brandon Jacobs is a beast, but they could end up facing Michael Turner or Adrian Peterson in the play-offs. Not time to panic, but there are some issues that need to be straightened out.

Special teams: B Rhys Lloyd is absolutley incredible in the kick off game (and is saving mileage on John Kasay as well). Kick off coverage has been excellent all season as well. The field goal kicking team has been pretty solid most of the year. I can forgive one errant 50 yd FG attempt at the Meadow Lands, but a 41 yd miss in a dome last week loses a few points for John Kasay (yes, even if he did kick the game winner later in the same game). All and all I feel good about that aspect of the game and would have no problem with John Fox putting the game on the foot of John Kasay in the play-offs. Where they lose points is in the punting game. Two TDs off of the punt team (one block, one nonexistent coverage), and a 20 yd shank that could've been big against New Orleans last week. Add to the mix alot of coverage failures that equate to giving away field position, and you have a situation that makes Panthers fan nervous when Jaosn Baker takes the field.

Overall: B Here's hoping that they fix some of their problems and maybe, get a Championship this year. Jerry Richardson promised us a Superbowl win in the first 10 years of this franchise's existence....Better late than never, I suppose.

Jon