rate your 2009 fishing season

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flatheadslayer, Nov 19, 2009.

how do you rate your 2009 fishing season?

1. excellent

2. good

3. fair

4. poor

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    well its drawing to an end,how would you rate your 2009 fishing season?I rated mine fair i caught less this year than any of the last 7 or 8 yrs.Caught a few nice ones 30's & 35's one 40 even ,flats.I atribute that to not fishing my normal waters,i tried a lot of new areas this year.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I voted fair....fishing was slow this year....but I did get more flatheads this year since I started targeting them...nothing big at all....biggest fish this year was 13pounds:tounge_out:

but I always had catfish in the freezer so I'm not complaining to much

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I voted average, but I just wanted to make a post and say that this was toward the spring.. not for the rest of the season.:sad2:

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    My season was good to excellent. I didn't fish as much as a couple years ago, but I did well. Not a lot of big fish, but some nice ones, and more variety than usual. It was a successful season, didn't go as much as I wanted but I had a good year. Mostly I can attribute it to what I have learned from the BOC. I use circle hooks all the time except fishing for somethign besides catfish. I've learned about hook size, drag settings, cut bait, live bait, bobbers, sinkers, and other tackle.

This year I got my first tuna and musky. I tried to eat a freshwater drum and got to say my wife is a great cook. Its been over 40 years since I ate them, and this one I really liked. I also got a white bass this year, and barracuda. Not a lot of keepers, but I had enjoyable year.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I had to go with excellent. Every trip brought plenty of fish with some nice size ones as well. Why rate it? Theres still a month left. :wink:

6. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I voted excellent but this year was really was split into two seperet times for me,, the spring was awsome well above average, got my PB,s in the big three species,, then the rain started,"early summer till now" and it has been hard fishing ever since, im getting a ton of smaller fish up the 10lb area but the faster current moved the big fish and have not been able to get on them,,,:eek:oooh:
    Puddle

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I voted good. I have logged a lot of hours on the water and have been fairly successful throughout the year. Have not broke any PB or records, but I have caught plenty of real nice fish and have met a ton of new folks!

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Definitely another great year on the water.

9. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    I voted excellant, I've caught more citations this year than ever, and still have the month of Dec. to go.

10. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Mine was really sucko!! I went out on the water more times than I would like to count chasing those stinkin' flats and had little to no success. I got the channels down pretty good so I decided at the beginning of the year to switch gears and really focus on catching a bruiser and the only thing I got out of it was MANY sleepless nights chasing them. Oh well I suppose there is always next year. I just really hate the long learning curve involved in being a good flathead fisherman.

11. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    it will come bro. Thats my target fish,an they can be frustrating. Patience with the flats,an sometimes that don't work.:smile2:

12. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    Voted fair but I only started fishing hard after the 4th of July this year. I've only been skunked once this year and it was more because it was 36 degrees out and I dislocated my thumb casting, ya I know I'm a putz, so I gave up early and went home. Although, the year isn't up for me yet. I'll be going every weekend til I absolutely can't anymore. (it helps that my best fishing spots are less than a mile from my house though)

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i voted poor but it was poor from lack of fishing time i had so many things going on i did not have the time i normly do to fish i did hang two monsters this year dident get eather one in first one hung me up still a heck of a fight second broke my rod :angry: but still fun:big_smile:

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I voted ,poor,But thinking on it,My best is yet to come,I usually catch more and bigger during the Christmas week. So far I have two fish this year,10 lb,and a 14 lb blue ,Both caught below eufalla dam in OK. Thats the only fishing time I've had ,But it has been a rather hectic summer this year.

15. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This year was my best year ever. I love me some catfishing. It's not over yet. A whole month and a half to go.

16. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Time on the bank=poor=not enough
    General fishing conditions=fair=bad weather the times I did get out
    overall experience=good=even caught my 1st flathead
    meeting new friends=priceless (oops wrong choice) :smile2: I mean excellent.
    Learning new things from this forum=excellent

Ray

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i voted excellent, this was my first full year targeting flatty's and it was what i thought a great year with several over 20# and a couple PB's including a 35# flatty and a 42# blue cat. i kept a log book of flatty's caught and i had a little over 90 for the year (thats every flatty from 2#-35#). i can only hope next year is as productive as this year was:big_smile:

18. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    90 flatties,thats a great year man.way to go.

19. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I voted fair....fishing was slow this year