Rate That Ramp

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fishhooked, May 1, 2008.

1. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm new to N.C. so I'm looking for the best boat ramps up and down Cape Fear River from Fayetteville to Wilmington.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    One of the best is at riverside sport center on Person St. in fayetteville. The next would be down 87 towards wilmington at huske lock and damn. There is another one on East Mountain Drive but there has been alot of break ins at this ramp so I wouldn't use that one.

3. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    ThatÂ’s great info! Break ins at boat ramps have always worried me. Seems like they always happen at the river ramps and not so much at the lake ramps. Thank you for your time and help. Have a great fishing season.

4. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    lock 2 at elizabethtown is a nice ramp, it is heavily fished, but there have been some really nice fish pulled out of there and ive never had a problem or heard of any problems there, it is actually in the city limits so i often see town cops come throgh, good luck fishing

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the ramp and lock and dam 2 is the best i have seen on the capefear. wide enough for 2 boat trailers to launch at the same time and sand to beach the boat while waiting for others to get in. riverside isnt bad.