Raritan bay stripers and blues

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by delawareriver, May 6, 2006.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    had an awesome day out on the raritan bay. the action was pretty steady the whole day with 7 stripers up to 17# and 36 inchs and about 45 bluefish up to about 10#. bite was spread out between clams and bunker. was an above average day for us but many boats did not catch much, mostly bluefish with only a handfull of stripers we heard caught over the radio. the bluefish kept us busy while the ocasional striper kept us fishing, not that 10# blues arnt fun but deffinitly not as tasty or as hard fighting as a 20# striper. the bite should only be getting better.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Congrats on the good day, I'm heading to Raystown lake wed. night in to thurs. for some catfish/muskie/striper action. can't wait. Not many stripers on the Maurice river, N.J. so far, but the cats are willing!

3. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    thats good to hear. hope you get some tight lines and have a great day!

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    got out again and did awesome again! 12 stripers up to 39" and just shy of 25#. that was my one and only striper of the day caught 10 mins into fishing.

the other 3 guys boated the other 11 stripers with 38",36",34" and a bunch of 33"s and 32"s. also 20 bluefish on the smaller side kept us busy. we out fished every boat that we heard talking on the radio so it was deffinitly a good day. weather looked bad but was awesome with enough clouds for the fishing to be good and no rain. i think thats the end of the striper season for us since we are busy for the next few weekends but alittle longer we got tuna and then in august and sept we got the big blues and back into stripers by sept.